Norwegian Dawn Review 3/1

A&AAuburn, Ma

We arrived at the pier around 10:30am and had to wait until 2ish to board the ship. Went to the Buffet for lunch and was in our room a little afteer 3. The room was not nearly as small as I was expecting, so we were pleasantly surprised! We had amazing room stewards, Cenen and Tito on Deck 11! They introduced themselves immediately and every time they saw us would ask if we needed anything and how our day was going!!

It was rocky the 2nd day and we were to sick to venture out anywhere.

We enjoyed the Dawn but it is showing some signs of wear and tear and the bed linens were thin and should be replaced.

Dining- We ate at the Buffet, Salsa's, Cagney's, Aqua and Impressions. Not impressed with Cagney's at all... We arrived at 9:15 and did not leave until 10:55. The waitress was unbelieveably slow and we waited 25 minutes to order our desserts after the dinner plates were taken. I had the surf and turf and it was so-so and my wife had a steak, which she said was cooked perfectly but was on the cold side. Salsa's was great and the service was excellent! Really enjoyed the ribs!! Aqua and Impressions had good menus but we are not overly adventures eaters and mostly ate in the Garden Buffet; We loved the pizza. The Blue Lagoon has the best Buffalo Chicken I have ever had!!

We became addicted to bingo and spent way to much $$$ and only won $65. The Cruise Directors staff (Ingrid, Mikey, Sherma, Richard and Serena) are awesome! The most friendly people on board!!

Enjoyed some of the shows, especially Romano Friendani! The magician Tim Hill was also great! The dance shows were good but def did not need to go to all 3 of them, Liked Bollywood alot! The 2nd City show was horrible with the exception of 1 skit. And the comdian Jason Mcpherson? was not that great either. The game shows hosted in the Spinnaker were fun to watch! But we missed The Quest, as it was rocky that night and I did not feel well.

I wasn't overly upet about missing San Juan, there wasn't I wanted to do there anyways. In Samana, we went over to Cayo Leventado and it was beautiful... best excurions besides swiiming with the Dolphins in Tortola. Tortola was nice but nothing to do near the ship except shop. St Thomas was nice but the excursions to Magen Bay was way too short (2 hours at the beach). St Maarten was nice also, we took a cab to Orient Beach and it was nice!

On a side note not a fan of the family who won everything!! Just annoying!!

Overall we had a great vacation and can't wait for our Sept 2007 cruise with NCL to Beremuda!!

Welcome home!:)

I sailed the Dawn and would love to go on her again and perhaps I will when her itinerary changes next year. You mentioned a Bermuda sailing, is it on the Majesty? An older, smaller ship but one of my favorite cruises and favorite places.

Glad you had a nice time and welcome home!

A&AAuburn, Ma,,,,,,,, Thanks for the info.

I am on the Dawn 19 May with DW.

You mentioned Sept 2007 Bermuda. On past posts from people that were on the Dawn, it was rumored the Dawn was coming to Boston to replace the Majesty, did you hear anything??????

countdown.pl?name=Bigfoot88 & Sweetp&date=5-19-2007&image=vfin&text=&ship=Norwegian Dawn

Archived