Success With B of A vs RCI

A few months ago I told you about B of A's clerk telling me I was being upgraded to a RCCL Signature Visa which has the year warranty up to 5 years on purchase warranty, car rental insurance for international rentals that is not just deductible, 90 day coverage on purchases that are stolen, taken off your body (such as bracelets or necklaces that require a police report), go bad on you. Then there are some other great items such as luggage coverage for free.

So a week later I get a letter from B of A telling me that the credit card I APPLIED FOR (which I didn't it was an upgrade) doesn't exist. So I phoned RCI's Marketing Dept & they did a conference call with me & B of A about this incident. Human error on a new hire we were told. So B of A was told by me & backed up by the RCI Marketing Dept that RCI Platinum Plus Visa is a MINUS not a plus. No coverage for warranty as AMEX has, no coverage for lost or stolen items for 90 days after purchase as AMEX has, yet we are charging 10's of thousands a year for cruises, tours, shopping abroad, etc.

So today I get a Fed Ex with a letter & a advertisement from B of A for the new PERKS we get with our RCI Platinum Plus Visa. 1 YEAR ADDED for warranty coverage for warranties of 1-5 years. 90 days stolen or crappy merchandise coverage, free car rental which is great internationally (exceptions of a few countries).

This starts JUNE 1,2007 and if you are a cardholder a mailing is headed to you on this. SO WE SUCCEEDED!!!!!

Archived