getting back to ship post helicopter

gmadvm

We are on POH in May and I booked an Inter Island helicopter tour that takes off at 9:05 and is scheduled to land at 11:05. Ship leaves at 2pm, I'm assuming we have to be back on board an hour prior to that. The woman at Inter Island said that it takes about 30-45 minutes to get back to the ship from the helicopter. We have a thrifty rental and I hear that the rental counter is relatively close to the pier. Allowing for a 30 minute delay in starting the tour and assuming a 45 minute transit back to the pier, am I cutting it too close? Does Kauai have bad traffic. Thanks for any info.

We are on POH in May and I booked an Inter Island helicopter tour that takes off at 9:05 and is scheduled to land at 11:05. Ship leaves at 2pm, I'm assuming we have to be back on board an hour prior to that. The woman at Inter Island said that it takes about 30-45 minutes to get back to the ship from the helicopter. We have a thrifty rental and I hear that the rental counter is relatively close to the pier. Allowing for a 30 minute delay in starting the tour and assuming a 45 minute transit back to the pier, am I cutting it too close? Does Kauai have bad traffic. Thanks for any info.

Just did this - you should have no problems getting back to the pier in time. The only snag might be at Thrifty - the bus thing seems to be inconsistent, but not terrible. It's very close to the ship.

You have plenty of time.

Also these 3 things are all close to each other... airport, thrifty, pier.

Taxi would be quite reasonable between these things

I'm assuming you're flying out of the airport, and not princeville, that would be a whole lot farther away

You may wish to consider taking the helicopter trip on the first day. We took Inter Island Helicopter in January, but on the first day in Kauai. Had reservations for 10:30 am. Picked us up at ship at 9:30 am. After tour, they dropped us off at Thrifty's. (ie location is on the way back to the ship).

Had the car rental from 12 noon until 12 noon the next day. (One day rental). Gave us plenty of time to get back to the ship for the sailing at 2:00 pm.

We had the Hawaii Revealed Book and toured the islands which gave us a good feel for the island after the helicopter trip.

John and Cathy

Archived