Jacksonville

tinmanswife

Is anyone familiar with Jacksonville port and/or Jacksonville airport?

We need to get back to the airport (but we're not flying home) to meet our DS & DD who are flying in the same time we debark. We're not sure whether to rely on the Carnival shuttle to get us to the correct spot @ the airport to pick them up & rent a car. Are taxis readily available @ the port @ debarkation or should we try to make arrangements ahead of time. I posted on the Home Ports Forum, but I'm getting no response. Any help would be appreciated.

I live in JAX.

Yes, taxis are easy to get. Our airport is quite small and the rental cars all in one area so it is easy to arrange to meet.

Carnival will wait til their bus is filled before leaving for the airport so it is definitely quicker to take a cab than to wait; it all depends on when they are arriving.

It is about 15-18 miles from port to airport, maybe a bit more. I fly a lot and happened to see the Celebration just last Saturday when driving by on my way to JAX.

Hope this helps!

Did u already pay for transfers?

We did pay for the Carnival transfer from the airport to the ship, but wanted to get to the airport when we debark a.s.a.p. only to pick up the kids and rent a car (not to fly home)--we're staying in JAX through Memorial Day for a wedding.

I know what you mean about waiting for the shuttle to fill up; and then we weren't sure where we'd get dropped off @ the airport, as the kids' flight arrives @ 10 a.m., probably about the time we'll get there. For some reason, they're nervous we won't pick them up!

Thanks for your help. We won't bother with the Carnival transfer and will take a taxi.

Archived