CB Pools Handicap Access?

pcassell

Does anyone know if any of the CB's pools have steps or a lift?

All of the pics I see show ladders. I have been on this ship twice before, but handicap access was not a factor before. Any and all information is very much appreciated.

Thank you! :)

pcassell, I found a shot of a pool on the CB with shallow steps and a handrail, perhaps this would be of use to you. Here's the link to the webshots photo:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1212539160026399388HVOpfI

I was able to use a similar pool entrance on the Island, when I could not have used a ladder.

Have a great cruise!

We were on the CB September 2006 & at the Neptune Reef & Pool a lift was installed (installed might not be the correct word but they did whatever needed to accomplish this) for a passenger that was disabled. The lift enabled her to swing out over the pool & be lowered down & then back up & out when ready.

You might want to check with Princess & let them know of your need or have your TA request this (if you are working with one).

Hope this helps.

The lift is there already. It was installed when the ship was built. What you have to do is get a crew member to operate the lift when you want to use it We were on the Caribbean Princess in August and had to request someone to come and operate the lift each time my brother wanted to use it. They won't let the passengers operate the lift.

Dear all:

Thank you so much for your prompt replies and for the information.

If it's possible, I am looking forward even more to this upcoming cruise.

Again, thank you, and happy cruising to all!

Phyllis

Archived