rates for 2 year old

xskidder

NCL and Disney....charge port charges and taxes..no cruise fare. The other cruiselines will charge an add passenger rate.

BUT with Disney you will pay more for the 1st and 2nd person rate.

I'll explain. On my Disney cruise we paid $2300 for EACH adult, then my oldest was 5 at the time and she was $899 and my youngest (an infant at the time) paid taxes/port fees $220....Total price for fam of 4 $5,719 NOT including airfare.

On RCCL and Carnival, there are $99 - $199 deals for the 3rd and 4th person in the room.

So for instance, on one of my Carnival cruises we are paying $699 for the 1st and 2nd person in the room, then $245 for each child and this is the penthouse suite, top category on Carnival. Total Price - $1,888

So yes you can pay only port fees for children under 2 on Disney, BUT you will be paying more in the long run.

As so well explained above, the best thing to do is choose the itinerary you want, then price what each cruise line would cost. I actually found that Princess was the least expensive with my toddlers even though they paid full adult fare.

Best,

Mia

NCL and Disney....charge port charges and taxes..no cruise fare. The other cruiselines will charge an add passenger rate.

Actually on NCL, children under 2 are charged port charges and taxes. Children 2 and above are charged at the 3rd/4th passenger rate. NCL's 3rd/4th person rates are usually a great deal, though. Another thing to consider when booking a trip for a two year old is what programs and activities are offered for that age group. On NCL and Carnival, 2 year olds are eligible to participate in the kid's crew program. On some lines, children need to be 3.

You have definitely come to the right place to get answers and tips for planning your cruise. The Family board is great! Good luck planning:)

Archived