Inspiration

TiaGr

I am so happy to hear good things about the Inspiration. Will be on my first cruise in Oct. Can hardly wait. will I be too dressed in a formal gown for formal dinner? Will a suit be ok for my husband?

Thanks again, since prime rib is one of my favorites I will have to make sure to be back from cozumel by 8:00, that day we are planning to go to paradise beach and then I would like to do a little shopping and take a horse and carriage ride. I think I will have plenty of time to do all of it. If you think of any other tips, please let me know. I appreciate all the info, first time cruiser and starting to get a little nervous.:eek:

Sue

Hi Joiboy..no, I have looked and posted roll calls and so far can't find anyone else..guess it will just be our families on the ship (we'll be sure to get good service huh)? I am so excited I can hardly sit still. Already started putting things in my extra bedroom to be packed. I booked my Cozumel tours yesterday with cozumelinsider.com so I am all set. We are flying down Saturday afternoon. When you going down?

Hi jeleja,

I had a roll call back on the old board and didn't get a response then either. My wife just finished her cruise shopping yesterday so she is officially psyched for the cruise. She warned us that she will start packing this coming weekend and that if we (she really meant this for the boys benefit) don't have stuff ready, they won't make it into the luggage. What did you end up booking in Cozumel? Actually, we're flying on a red-eye from San Francisco International on Saturday evening (11:50pm is our scheduled departure time). If everything stays on schedule (highly doubtful, but always hopeful) we'll be in Tampa around 9-9:30am on Sunday. We'll just catch a cab to the port. We did the same thing when we had to fly to Fort Lauderdale for our last cruise. Had no problems then either. Hopefully, I haven't jinxed us!

We booked Sea Trekking and Atlantis Sub. Sub is at 9:00 and Sea Trek is at 12:00. Since we have a long day there in Cozumel, and we will already be at Chankanaab (spelling)? park after the Sea Trek, we will probably just hang out there for awhile.

My son is getting very excited too. He has been asking lots of questions and has actually been reading some of the message boards. He is with his father this week (they went to Chicago) so he is really getting around this summer. By the way, what are your boys going to wear to dinner on the 2 formal nights? I have dress pants, button down shirt with tie for Matt (he's 14). Are boys that age expected to wear jackets?

Sounds like fun! We're still doing Paradise Beach but haven't decided on the rest of the day yet. Although, as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm sure there will be some shopping involved. Pretty busy summer for your son. My sons (Justin and Kiernan) have always worn suits for the formal nights. I still remember them from their first cruise with us (they were 6 and 8 years old) and how spiffy they looked in these tiny suits. One time, a couple of years ago, on the Millennium (Celebrity), they actually wore tuxes. They thought that was too much so that was the last time we rented tuxes for them. I think Matt will be fine with the dress slacks, shirt and tie. It's a rare sight that kids wear suits or jackets for the formal nights anyway.

So what do 14 year old boys normally wear on formal nights? Also, on non formal nights, I am packing khakis and button down shirts for him to wear. Is that what kids wear on those nights? Matt is Soooo non dressy, he absolutely does not care what he wears. Guess I am lucky, I know people whose kids will only wear clothes with certain labels (abercrombie etc). Matt, he does not care, as long as it is comfortable and clean.

I am so looking forward to this cruise. I hope we have perfect weather. No hurricanes or rain. I have already been out there looking at cruises for next summer (haven't even been on my first yet). I think I have become one of those addicted cruisers!

Most seem to wear dress slacks, shirt and tie on formal nights. Khakis, button down shirts will work well on informal nights. My sons usually wear Khakis and a polo shirt those nights. You and us both. Justin and Kiernan could care less about trendy labels. As long as there is no pink or purple in their clothing and of course clean, they're good to go.

I hope for good weather too but this time of year can be hit or miss. One year we were in San Juan during one our cruises and it rained the whole time we were in port. Another time, when we were doing the Mexican Riviera itinerary there was a tropical storm barreling down on the Baja. The captain steered clear of the path of that storm but one night the ship was really rocking. People were getting sick all over the ship. Funny thing is, with all that rocking we slept really well that night, like babies in a cradle. Sounds like you're getting addicted already, pre-cruise too. We're trying to decide on either Alaska or Hawaii for our next cruise but not sure which one yet. Are you on the East Coast?

Glad to hear about the clothes. Guess I wont run out and buy a suit jacket if most young boys won't be wearing one anyway. I have no idea if I am one of those people who will end up seasick. I certainly hope not. Just in case, I am packing bonine. I have never been on a boat in my life. Not even a little sailboat. I don't even like water. I have spent the majority of my last few vacations in the desert (which is my favorite place on earth).

Yes, we are on the east coast (Ohio). So it wont take us long to get to Tampa. Just a few hours, but the plane she put us on only holds 50 peple(Delta). And I hate to fly. I hate to fly even more on a small plane. Only way we could have been on a bigger plane, was to be routed around on a little "tour" of the country with a few transfers that I didnt want to fool with. Oh well, at least this way we have a straight flight.

Yes, no need to spend the money on the suit jacket. Leaves more money for other things. I'm sure you'll be okay. Just take bonine starting the day before the cruise and once a day (probably at bedtime) during depending on how you're holding up.

What part of Ohio? My in-laws use to live in Catawba (near Springfield). They retired and moved to eastern Arizona a couple of years ago. We love the area they moved to and are thinking about buying some property there. Lots of cacti and mesquite.

So you're taking a puddle-jumper from Ohio to Tampa? How long is the flight for you? Non-stop flights are always better if you can get them. Less chance of your luggage not arriving same time you do. That's what I always worry about. We have a connecting flight in Atlanta on the way to Tampa. Hopefully, all goes well.

Thanks for the info on the bonine. I wasn't going to take it unless I needed it but it's probably a good idea to just take it the day before and stay on it.
Our flight is only about 2 1/2 hours. I'm trying not to think about it, but it's better than driving!

I'm in a suburb of Columbus, about an hour from Springfield. Ohio is OK, but I love Arizona, especially Tucson. I have been out west 4 times and each time I enjoy it more. It's just so beautiful. I think your in-laws have the right idea about retirement. I wouldn't mind retireing in Tucson myself.

You're welcome jeleja. The problem with waiting to take bonine until you need it is that by then it's probably already too late.

My in-laws live 90 miles east of Tucson, in a little town called Willcox. That area is so beautiful. They have mountains on all four sides. We went to visit them in April during the kids' spring break. It was hot on the valley floor and then we drove up Mt. Graham, close to that observatory that was threatened by that wild fire not too long ago and there was snow on ground. Overall, such a beautiful and clean environment.

[font=Tahoma][size=3][color=magenta]hi!I am gald yall had a great time!the day yall got on the Inspiration is the day we got off the sister ship of the inspiration one that is the same size and everything the Elation...we had a blast.!!In belize we saw the Inspiration!!we have pictures!!Anyway....i have been wondering what are the names of the dining rooms?thanks[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=3][color=magenta][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#800080][url="http://community.webshots.com/user/wards03"]http://community.webshots.com/user/wards03[/url][/color][/size][/font][/b] [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Tahoma][size=3][color=#ff00ff][/color][/size][/font]

Archived