Yes!!! Finally under 200!

I have a bitter sweet situation. I leave in less than 2 days for my NCL cruise, but I dont leave for another 395 days for my next cruise.

Glad you are under 200 Days! I actually thought I was coming on here to say congratulations on the weight loss as the title tricked me! LOL! :D

I have a bitter sweet situation. I leave in less than 2 days for my NCL cruise, but I dont leave for another 395 days for my next cruise.

LOL! Wow do I know that feeling. At least you have something else booked. :D

Fortunately, I booked with only about 90 days to go and have just 67 of the loooooooooooongest days of my life remaining. :(

This will be the first cruise for my wife and I. I've noticed that people often book their trips well over a year in advance. Other than room availability, is there any advantage to this?

Ever since we booked our next NCL cruise I've been counting...and counting. Been trying not to wish my life away...but getting to under 200 days feels awfully good.

Just wanted to share...everyone have a terrific day!!!

Buenas dias!

Ciao,

W A W W

LOL! Only us diehards on a cruise board would appreciate your excitement! I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Fortunately, I booked with only about 90 days to go and have just 67 of the loooooooooooongest days of my life remaining. :(

This will be the first cruise for my wife and I. I've noticed that people often book their trips well over a year in advance. Other than room availability, is there any advantage to this?

One advantage is that you will never pay MORE than what you book at, but it is possible to get your fair lowered. Also, I am very particular about where I want to stay on the ship, so for me early is better. Especially with a Minisuite on the Crown Princess for my 2008 cruise...they dont have as many minisuites as they do the balcony rooms. I did get a good deal, I think. I paid less for my minisuite for 2008 than I did for my Pearl balcony room this week. The other advantage....I get to talk about it that much longer!!!!:D

Edit...one good example of the pricing...when I booked the NCL Pearl 9 months ago, I got in right before a price hike. one month later, my same room was going for more than $500 per cabin more! And the cruise line direct showed that same category a bit later up about $500 per person more! YIKES! Thank goodness I didnt wait!

I'm no expert on this issue...I've only been on 1 full cruise (the other was a CTN). However, we booked in October and the price has gone up well over $1,000 since then.

On the other hand, my brother is a later cruise booker. He gets terrific deals but his time is more flexible than mine.

I feel that my advantage is I get to pick where my room will be. Thus far that has been a big plus for us.

Ciao,

W A W W

Archived