On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

Yea, this is one of the problems with not having a blender. Hey, maybe I could bring a blender... :) Anyways, the fresh fruit from the buffet is mostly a garnish but if you smash it a little between layers of ice before you add the liquid ingredients, the flavor infuses into the drink, then when you're done, you can eat a rum soaked banana and pineapple... Hey, it's a health drink..

I KNEW there had to be a way to eat healthy on this trip...and I think I just found it. So kujobie...any weight loss guarantees with this diet of yours? ;)

I just discovered the other day how much I like mojito mix. Mohito martini spritzer: 1 part vodka (plus a splash!) two parts sprite (prefer diet) and one part mojito mix. YUM!

Someone mentioned that pineapple juice is available--can you tell us where?

There was pineapple juice on the buffet for breakfast (mango, grapefruit, cranberry, and OJ too). We filled empty water bottles with the juice and put it in our cooler for later. I also heard that the juice on the buffet is there all day but the label is just missing but I don't know this from first hand experience.

On the breakfast room service menu you can order tomato, grapefruit, cranberry, and OJ if you're too lazy to walk up to the buffet in the AM.

We made bloody marys with the tomato juice-added a little bit of Tabasco.

I liked mixing hot chocolate, coffee and Baileys in the morning.

My friend liked vodka, Kailua, and melted ice cream from the soft serve machine. :confused: It did taste kind of like a sweet White Russian.

Everyone's concoctions sound yummy.

Smiles-put it in your checked luggage and you won't get caught. But even if you did, all they would do is take it away. You won't get kicked off the ship or anything. Now if the bottle breaks and gets your luggage or someone else’s luggage wet, that would be bad!! So make sure to take precautions.

There was pineapple juice on the buffet for breakfast (mango, grapefruit, cranberry, and OJ too). We filled empty water bottles with the juice and put it in our cooler for later. I also heard that the juice on the buffet is there all day but the label is just missing but I don't know this from first hand experience.

On the breakfast room service menu you can order tomato, grapefruit, cranberry, and OJ if you're too lazy to walk up to the buffet in the AM.

We made bloody marys with the tomato juice-added a little bit of Tabasco.

I liked mixing hot chocolate, coffee and Baileys in the morning.

My friend liked vodka, Kailua, and melted ice cream from the soft serve machine. :confused: It did taste kind of like a sweet White Russian.

Everyone's concoctions sound yummy.

eliz -- great comment on the ice cream. Reminds me of the mudslide I make with Kahlua, vanilla ice cream from the machine (not melted), and rum. Mix it all together and it really is very good (at least that's what my wife tells me). Way too sweet for me.

Actually, my favorite drink involves only a wedge of lime and some good dark rum. Sip it slowly on deck and life doesn't get any better (Well, maybe add a cigar:) )

There was pineapple juice on the buffet for breakfast (mango, grapefruit, cranberry, and OJ too). We filled empty water bottles with the juice and put it in our cooler for later. I also heard that the juice on the buffet is there all day but the label is just missing but I don't know this from first hand experience

Not sure about all of the juices but the OJ is not there all day - it is replaced with fruit punch i think. So if you want OJ be sure to fill up in the morning at breakfast.

Great thread. I am always trying to think of something good to mix up for before dinner drinks.

• 3 weeks later...

So it sounds like the "best bet" is to hit the breakfast buffet and grab a couple of extra juices. Does anyone know what juices are available at breakfast? I would be most interested in tomato, pineapple, and orange juice, but I wonder if there might be new possibilities

For those of you who don't know about it this is a small blender with individual cups. We would order bananas and fruit platters from room service. Add Ice cream and rum. Tried many different combinations. Just kept it set up in the room and poured drinks into travel mugs to keep frosty.

1/2 to 3/4 sm can PA juice ( bring a 6pk) or all of it;)

I mix grenadine w/my Bacardi Silver rum in a Fruit 2O bottle

bring my coffee sipper for fresh OJ from B'fast (it's removed after b'fast)

bout a cup

1 cup lemonade from the lido dispenser

a goodly shot of the rum

ice to the top of my 52 oz. keg..stays icy n cold til "tini-time it the Bus Stop

Actually, any measurements work well with this recipe

So it sounds like the "best bet" is to hit the breakfast buffet and grab a couple of extra juices. Does anyone know what juices are available at breakfast? I would be most interested in tomato, pineapple, and orange juice, but I wonder if there might be new possibilities

OJ disappears after b'fast..hvnt seen PA..cept at B'fast..but rm serv can oblidge....also coffe w/soft serv, and if u bring that hand blender..yum

If I were going to bring something on board I would bring the majic bullet (small blender) and store in my closet in a small carryon bag.

I would bring mojito mix from target.

I would bring light rum. Mix it with mojito or with diet coke.

If I were to buy on of those $5.00 cups from the gift shop I would go to the meetings (like past guest) and order 4 free drinks and fill up the cup then order two more to drink right then.

Of course if I had to think about it. I think this is what some people might do.

• 1 month later...
I am also going on my first cruise and would also like to know what happens if you get caught? :confused:

Ahhhh, there's the rub. You get sent to the brig for the remainder of the cruise.

Nah, it gets taken from you. That's all.

Hey! WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC! :D

this is not a smuggling thread...smuggling would be cheap, stealing, and against the rules. We just want to know if we was to smuggle what would be the best type of liquor to use to enhance the flavor of the provided free beverages:D

lol!!!!

Orange juice, pineapple juice, equal portions, a touch of grenadine, you'll have to bring your own, and rum, yummy and no blender needed. That's my rum punch recipe, however I can't see spending 1/2 the day running back and forth from your cabin to get a drink. I do smuggle wine, so I'm not against smuggling, put out the flame throwers people.

If I was to smuggle booze, this is what I would mix:

In a black igloo brand 22 oz. thermal cup, smash 1/2 banana and a couple chunks of fresh pineapple with ice, then add 1 part rum (Tortuga, if available) with 1 part fruit punch and 1 part lemonade or orange juice.

If were the smuggling type, that sounds very tasty. I never thought of banana and pineapple, I can't wait to try that one out. I usually stick to appletini, however it would be doubly naughty because you also have to smuggle the sour stuff that goes in it.:D

Ok, I know there are a bunch of you out there who have created a version of my famous Smuggler's Punch using combinations of mixers available on board, along with rum or another potent potable.

My personal recipe is:

(purchase an insulated "water" bottle from the on-board store for about $5)

Fill the container with ice to the top

Add 2 parts fruit punch

Add 1 part Lemonade

Add 2 (or more :)) parts rum. I like to mix equal parts dark and light rum.

Give it a good shake and enjoy!

I have another version where I substitue sprite for the lemonade which is also very good.

So let's hear it -- anybody else have a recipe for a drink using on-board mixers?

We use iced tea and lemon flavored rum, also lemonade and rum or vodka

Orange juice, pineapple juice, equal portions, a touch of grenadine, you'll have to bring your own, and rum, yummy and no blender needed. That's my rum punch recipe, however I can't see spending 1/2 the day running back and forth from your cabin to get a drink. I do smuggle wine, so I'm not against smuggling, put out the flame throwers people.

If you are sailing with Carnival, you can bring wine -- no smuggling required!