? re: 45 day letter...

MamaParrotHead

Received a 45 day letter a while ago, called it in today. The letter states I would receive $X OBC and a "Bon Voyage Gift". I guess I had assumed, after reading many posts here, I'd have a choice as to what my gift would be (not that I'm actually complaining, free is free, LOL) it's just that we're not huge drinkers, and not wine drinkers at all. When I called, she confirmed everything and said she'd taken care of everything. If I'd have had a choice, I would have preferred the photo coupon. Should I just assume they're going to randomly have something sent to my cabin?

Thanks!

When corresponding with Carnival, whether it be complaint or complement, sometimes one is given a "45 day letter" that you call on when your next sailing is 45 days out (or sooner). Most people are usually offered a variety of options...wine, drink or soda coupons, photo coupons, etc. to be delivered to you on your sailing.

but 45 day letters seem to be pretty random, sometimes based on the validity of the comments.

I did call back, and the customer service rep seemed a bit confused as to why the other rep didn't give me a choice, but we got it all figured out. Thanks for the replies! :D

I got my 45 day letter the other day. I'll be using it in '09 for my next cruise. Even if it's just a bottle of champagne I'll be happy.

The time frame of "validity" of the letter is 18 months. Your cruise/s must be booked at the most 18 months from the date of the letter (atleast that's what they told me). Just wanted you to know. :)

Thank you for starting this post....

I received my 45 day letter in August and called about 2 weeks for my upcoming March 31st Liberty cruise. I was so confused that I wrote down everything and told her I would call back the next day!!! That's why I said, Thank you for starting this post....I forgot to call back... :) Needless to say, I think I'll call back again tomorrow!!! Following is a list of the choices she gave me..

1. Bottle of House Wine-Red or White

2. Bottle of Champagne

3. Bar Coupon - 4 coupons

4. Soft Drink Coupon - 4

5. Photo Coupon

6. Fruit Basket

7. 6 oz Chocolate Fun Ship

8. Cabin Decorations

9. Flower Arrangements....

HELP..... What should I take???? Another thing, the letter doesn't state any timeframe on it plus the girl did tell me I could call back as late as the day prior to sailing...

knowing that I'll get a soda card (no need for soda coupons) and there will be plenty of drinks and pictures purchased, so I picked those for my first and second choices. For us, we're not big wine drinkers, the cabin decor would get old after the first day or so (and then most likely just get in the way, LOL), you all ready GET chocolates every night on your pillow (YUM!) and the flowers would just die and you can't take them with you. :)

Archived