Size and weight of carry on bag?

molaurie

Can anyone fill me in on what the exact size and weight limit is for carry on bags? I am determined to take everything in just a carry on for my next cruise, and want to make sure my bag will be okay. Thanks!

As long as you're not flying, you don't have to worry about a weight limit. I believe RCI has a 200-lb limit (total) for each passenger's baggage, so that won't be a concern. As for size, a carry-on needs to be small enough to fit thru the x-ray machine at check-in, which is roughly the same size as an airport's x-ray machine. If it's too big, it has to be checked.

Can anyone fill me in on what the exact size and weight limit is for carry on bags? I am determined to take everything in just a carry on for my next cruise, and want to make sure my bag will be okay. Thanks!

What you need to do is go to the airlines web site and check their carryon restrictions. You need to follow them to a "T" on trip you may get away with a slightly bigger bag the next trip you will have to check the bag. Also look at the TSA web site for restriction on what is allowed in the bag. 3 Oz of liquids in a small baggie etc. and you have to tell the TSA person before it is scanned. Check it out. I printed it out and put it in my carryone bag so next time I can look at it.

Also if you are going Celebrity they (& others may have) a program that you can check your luggage straight thru to the ship.

Archived