Will We Be Disappointed?

Our first cruise on RCL (Rhapsody) we were pretty disappointed in the food in the Windjammer. This next cruise (Voyager) we are considering not taking our formalwear (one less bag to check and carry) and instead dine elsewhere on the two formal nights. I'm sure Johnny Rockets would be great for one night, but not sure that I need burgers and shakes twice. If we decide to do the WJ one night, will we be disappointed? What's it like for dinner? I know it won't be the same as the wonderful dining room food, but are we going to really feel like we are missing out??

Our first cruise on RCL (Rhapsody) we were pretty disappointed in the food in the Windjammer. This next cruise (Voyager) we are considering not taking our formalwear (one less bag to check and carry) and instead dine elsewhere on the two formal nights. I'm sure Johnny Rockets would be great for one night, but not sure that I need burgers and shakes twice. If we decide to do the WJ one night, will we be disappointed? What's it like for dinner? I know it won't be the same as the wonderful dining room food, but are we going to really feel like we are missing out??

On our recent cruise on the GOS we ate dinner one night in the Windjammer. They had a few of the dining room selections available and they had a dinner atmosphere there - lower lighting and tablecloths.

I loved Voyager, and wouldnt miss the formal nights for anything! I guess its to each their own, but I think you are really missing out if you choose to skip formal nights, and subsequently miss the best food on the boat! This also keeps you from visiting the specialty Italian restaurant, Portifino, never been there but heard its very good....

As far as Windjammer is concerned, I have never eaten there for dinner, but if its the same fare as in the afternoon, I wouldnt be interested. Ive only eaten in there a few times, and prefer to grab a sandwich in the coffee shop, or order room service.

Have fun on your cruise!

I'm interested in this also. Can't one order all the dining room food during dinner time from room service? Wouldn't this include formal night fare also? If you wanted to have the dining room menu but not dress up - can't you just order it from room service?

Well, our itinerary 5 ports, 1 sea day and I'm afraid to drag our formalwear 5k miles to not even want to wear it because we'll be too tired. Its a Med cruise and our tours in almost all of the ports are 10+ hrs. I've heard that, Smithcruise, but not sure if its true.. TMarie, what coffee shop has sandwiches (never cruised on a Voyager class before)?

I'm not a big fan of Windjammer dinner. I will second the suggestion to try Portofino one night and Johnny Rockets the other night. Otherwise, room service is always nice if you have a balcony.

Archived