upgrade curious

bethm214

Why would moving up in the same class of catagory be considered an upgrade? The higher you are, the more you feel movement....some folks purposely book low and center for that reason. An 'upgrade' may put you high and on the end.

I always found it curious that the more expensive cabins are higher on the ship and often the biggest are the 'worst' position wise. Can anyone explain?

I book guarantee level so that i take a chance of being 'upgraded' cause i like to feel the movement and love to gamble!

Not everyone is bothered by the movement which is felt more on the upper decks. I had a balcony cabin on the lido deck on my Destiny cruise, and we absolutely loved it. Just walk a little down the hall, go through the doors and you were at the pools, buffet, bar, etc. It was a great location! :)

so, is it your opinion that the higher you go the better you go is based upon convenience? or is it the view? or something i am not yet thinking of?

I once had a cabin near the pool and NEVER want to do that again...too many kids running, running, running by the door! ANd, this is not kid bashing (well i guess it IS parent bashing) as I had my son with me on the cruise too. (still has to do with the 'what are your kids doing when you aren't looking')

Beth~

Personally, I don't consider a cabin in the same class of catagory an upgrade. If I book a 4A Guar. and end up with a 4D, it's still the same type of cabin in the same cabin class, just located somewhere higher on the ship.

I always book guarantee (unless I needed a handicapped cabin), because I'm cheap and cabin placement really isn't an issue for me as long as I'm on a cruise. I also like being suprised when I open the door to see if it is "better than what I paid for". :D. :D. :D. I have been upgraded most times to another catagory ie: 4A to a 5A, 4A to a 6A, 6A to an 8I, etc.... Other times, I was just moved to a higher deck than what I originally booked ie: 4A to a 4D cabin (not an upgrade in my book).

I never book a cabin catagory I won't be happy with for a week.

Archived