Sheraton Old San Juan

CruisinMama27

We stayed there 3/3 for our destiny sailing 3/4. It is very close to the carnival cruise ship dock. You cross the street and walk approximately 200 yards.

The hotel is ok. It is not as nice as many starwood branded hotels like the Westin Rio Mar 15 miles outside of San Juan, but has been recently updated/remodeled.

You can't board ship until I believe 2 pm anyway. Next time we are in San Juan, we are going to probably stay at the Ritz Carlton (which it on the beach, 15 minutes from the cruise ship) and then just take a taxi to the cruise ship terminal, but I have no real complaints about the Sheraton.

It was ok. Nothing fantastic about it other than the location. We walked all over Old San Juan from here. Very easy to get around. I wouldn't bother with the Suite. We upgraded on arrival and we were sorry we added the extra expense. As I said, the location is great, but it was just a room. Hope this helps.

We also have stayed there twice. Most recently was this past January. The hotel is nice but we only stayed there for one night. And the reason for choosing it was the close proximity to the pier and I love Old San Juan. The pool on the rooftop I thought was nice - especially at night.

We stayed there when it was still the Wyndham and were upgraded to a concierge suite that must have been at least 600 sq ft! We had a little balcony that overlooked the streets and the room was great. The only downside was that the lobby is very small and with many many cruisers checking in and out on Sunday, there was a sea of luggage and hard to walk around with out tripping in the lobby! I would stay there again. Enjoy your cruise!

I just stayed there last weekend. It was nice enough. The rooftop pool was nice and beautiful to look out at the ships in the harbor. We did have a LOT of noise in the morning...no sleeping in. If that is important to you, it may not be the best option. Otherwise, great location. WE took the free trolley (which stops a block from the hotel) into the center of town and walked to El Morro from there after lunch. San Juan is a fun little town. Enjoy!

We stayed there 3/3 for our destiny sailing 3/4. It is very close to the carnival cruise ship dock. You cross the street and walk approximately 200 yards.

Is the Carnival dock the same one as the Princess dock for the Crown Princess? Or does the Crown dock elsewhere?

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there and the location is the best thing going for it. The beds were excellent- very cushy and comfortable, HOWEVER, when we were there we had a terrible experience. The electricity went off and there were no working generators. We were in pitch dark (and unfortunately there was a wedding reception going on - I felt sorry for them). The next morning the staff acted like nothing happened. I don't trust them and would never stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived