Hair Braids in Nassau?????

ausbai

My dd wants her hair braided on the island. Where is the best place to accomplish this in Nassau and how much will it cost? She had it done before on St. Maartin for $1 per braid.

What about getting it done on the Carnival Legend? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!

My dd wants her hair braided on the island. Where is the best place to accomplish this in Nassau and how much will it cost? She had it done before on St. Maartin for $1 per braid.

What about getting it done on the Carnival Legend? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!

There were braiders everywhere when we were there last May. We paid $2 a braid.......

My daughter got her hair braided in Freeport in February. I am not sure where in Nassua to get it done but this lady had a table set up right on the beach. I would guess they would be on the beach in Nassau also. My daughter was only getting the top of her head done. The lady quoted us $2 per braid, $60. I said to my daughter that is too expensive and the lady immediately dropped the price to $50 so don't be afraid to negotiate the price. I know the people who live on the island don't make a lot of money so I paid the $50. When I was telling my husband later I realized I paid this lady $50 for maybe 20 minutes of work. That's more than I make at my job.

you can't get from the piers to town in Nassau w/out passing by a large open air area full of hair braiders.....

There are prices posted but you can negotiate.....got dd whole head with hair past shoulders for $50 .... but it took some talking

Many will say don't use this place, dirty etc etc....had dd's hair done there a couple of times w/out a problem.

The down side is if it is summer you are sitting outside for a long time possibly

more recently I learned a trick.... walking down the main street thru the Nas shopping district I saw a sign for a beauty shop. Took dd up there and made a deal with the folks there to do a "whole head". It cost more...but she got to sit in a regulat bty parlor chair - and I got to sit in a chair too - and IT WAS AIR CONDITIONED.... half way thru the job they even brought in a relief braider!

{note - her whole head job ususlly takes the better part of 3 hours....}

options for ya ....

Dear all,

Thank you so much for all of the great information. I never thought of seeking out a local beauty shop. Sitting in the air conditioning would be a great job for my dh. He doesn't like to shop, so he could stay with my dd while she gets her hair done!

I sincerely appreciate all of your replies. :D

Archived