Ideas needed for a trip journal

mom2NnB

for my kids to fill out. When we went to Disney world, I made up (downloaded) a travel journal for my son (then 6 yrs old) to fill out every nite. He enjoyed filling it out and I love to read it now (he was obsessed with bathrooms for some reason - especially the one on the plane). He filled it out and his teacher accepted it as make-up homework for the time he was away.

I'm hoping my kids teachers will let us do something like this again when we do our cruise. I have enclosed the pages I made up at the end.

Can any of you experienced cruisers tell me what info I need to include? What will make an impresion on them?

My Carnival Cruise

Travel Journal

By ________________________________

Dates______________________________

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trip Journal

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nassau, Bahamas Highlights

Date:______________ Weather:____________

Where we went:________________________________________________

What we liked:_______________________________________________

What we didn’t like:____________________________________________

Favorite Attraction:______________________________________________

Souvenirs we got:____________________________________________

Memorable Notes:_____________________________________________

Grand Cayman Islands Highlights

Where we went:_________________________________________________

What we liked:_________________________________________________

What we didn’t like:______________________________________________

Favorite Attraction:_____________________________________________

Souvenirs we got:_________________________

Memorable Notes:_______________________________________________

Ocho Rios, Jamaica Highlights

Where we went:___________________________

What we liked:____________________________

What we didn't like:_______________________________________

Favorite Attraction:________________________________________

Souvenirs we got:_________________________

Memorable Notes:_______________________________________

Getting Ready For Our Trip

Who’s going?_____________________________

Where we will visit?________________________

How many days will we be there?_________________

From where did we leave?_____________________

How did we travel?_________________________

When did we leave?_________________________

Thoughts about our journey to Florida_______________________________

What did we do in Florida?________________________________________

Arriving at the Port

My first thoughts when I saw the Liberty:____________________________

What I liked about our cabin:______________________________________

What I didn’t like about our cabin:__________________________________

What I liked best about the ship:___________________________________

What I liked least about the ship:___________________________________

Daily Details

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My favorite thing today was:_______________________________________

What I didn’t like today was:_______________________________________

What I learned today:____________________________________________

Memories of our journey……………………….

The weather was__________________ when we left and ____________________ when we arrived.

What I remember most about our trip _______________________________

The best thing about our trip was___________________________________

The worst thing about our trip was__________________________________

The funniest thing about our trip was________________________________

I work in a school and our 2nd graders create "passports" that they fill out as they study the continents and countries on each continent.

If you get the chance while you are visiting each island you can have your son ask local people some questions about their country.

Things that our students learned included:

languages spoken

food

holiday/tradition

capital city

I'll play it by ear if I will let kids talk to the locals. I heard on these boards that alot of the "salespeople" are pushy. If they seem ok I'll do it, just nervous about starting conversations and then being harrased to buy their goods. I may see what if they can interview the staff or passengers (our stewards, waiters, etc. and tablemates) to ask them questions if they are from different countires.

DS's book from 5 years ago is soooo funny. We have souveniers, maps, autographs, etc. in it. Everyone going to Disney has asked me for info on downloading the forms for their kids to make one. Keeps them occupied and helps them learn with out making a big deal out of it. He had alot of fun in Epcot trying to collect info from each country. I'm sure they will love to do the same in some actual foreign countires.

What a really great idea - this will help you all remember the trip and enjoy it so much more. Your journal looks pretty thorough to me - was there space for pictures, space for currency? I think having some interaction with locals makes for an interesting trip.

I just got back from a cruise to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman - not sure what excursions you have planned if any - but I went with a group of women and we did the Dunn's River Falls - I have watched my video 3-4 times and the best part of the video is the excitement of the children that were in our group. The guide that we had (Damon? - went by Bob Marley) catered to the families and made sure the kids had a good time and were safe. We didn't have much problem with pushy sales people even though we did end up wandering through the straw market when we left the falls. A simple no thanks was enough. I have read on the boards though about different experiences.

Have a great time!

Sandy

Archived