Cape Liberty--Bayonne, NJ in December!

BunkerVA

Hi all!

Just curious if anyone has sailed out of Bayonne in December...I imagine it's pretty chilly! We're looking to change our already booked Freedom of the Seas trip to the 9night Explorer of the Seas trip. We're headed to the Caribbean. (1) How long does it take for the weather to get nice once you're at sea headed south? (2) What's the parking situation like? I heard it's $15 a day. Is it safe? (3) Where would one stay pre-cruise? (4) Not knowing much about NY/NJ geography, would we get to see the Statue of Liberty? (I think not, but I thought I'd ask anyway....)

Thanks for any info!

Sam :D

Hi Sam: I can help you in some of your questions. First I would think it would be a liitle cool in December so just go prepared.

The site for getting prices etc, for Cape Liberty is www.*****.com

As for hotels, we stayed at www.countryinns.com. in Elizabeth New Jersey. It was very nice and clean. Just do a search of Newark, Elizabeth, Jersey City, etc. All sorts of hotels there.

Also when you leave Cape Liberty go on the port side and you will see the Statue of Libetty. it is a little far but good enough to take a pic with telephoto lens.

Marilyn

Thank you for the info Marilyn!!! I really appreciate your help!

I stayed at the Marriott at the Newark airport in January and liked it a lot (love those new beds) but I wasn't sure if it would be too far....

Thanks!!!!!

Sam :D

Archived