booking with a pvp

flagyrl31

Booking with a pvp is the best way to go. They make sure to qualify you for the best rate and give you personal service. They also watch the rates and lower it for you if it changes. A pvp will not give you a one day sale promo if your past guest discount is better. They do not work on commision and quote the rates directly from Carnival.

Booking with a pvp is the best way to go. They make sure to qualify you for the best rate and give you personal service. They also watch the rates and lower it for you if it changes. A pvp will not give you a one day sale promo if your past guest discount is better. They do not work on commision and quote the rates directly from Carnival.

:D Possibly a PVP in-training amongst us? LOL :D

A good TA will check ALL the promotions being offered to find which rate is best for you. Many times there may be a resident rate, upgrade promo etc that will be better. Each sailing may have up to 6 different promos applicable.

They do not work on commision and quote the rates directly from Carnival.

That's interesting to hear, for some reason I thought I read that they only got paid if they booked a certain number of cruises per week/month/year. I guess that's not true "commission" but it's similar in that they don't get paid if they dont make the sale.

Is this not the way it works? Do they just get a normal salary and that's it? :confused: I always thought I was helping my PVP make a little money...

I just emailed my pvp to confirm that he will look after our best interests for the cruise he booked for us. I asked if this means letting us know when a lower rate is offered. I will update when I get his response. :confused:

While FLAGYRL is stating a fact, it is quite the statement - just kinda out of nowhere.

but you ARE helping your PVP, they make a base salary but are not paid based on what you book....meaning you could book a 1a or the suite and they have an insentive added to the salary.

That is why the age old argument comes up as to which is better ta vs pvp. pvp's can reduce the rates down as far as they go because their commission isn't off your dollar spent. Ta's are. fact.

The promo's are all availabe to pvp's and ta's alike - but the pvp's will get them first before ta's, fact.

which is better? Which ever works better for YOU, that is the final fact. This goes on and on, and it's the personal relationship, trust, and customer service that one gives that would make one better than the other. And that is only on each individual's experience with either person.

While FLAGYRL is stating a fact, it is quite the statement - just kinda out of nowhere.

but you ARE helping your PVP, they make a base salary but are not paid based on what you book....meaning you could book a 1a or the suite and they have an insentive added to the salary.

That is why the age old argument comes up as to which is better ta vs pvp. pvp's can reduce the rates down as far as they go because their commission isn't off your dollar spent. Ta's are. fact.

The promo's are all availabe to pvp's and ta's alike - but the pvp's will get them first before ta's, fact.

which is better? Which ever works better for YOU, that is the final fact. This goes on and on, and it's the personal relationship, trust, and customer service that one gives that would make one better than the other. And that is only on each individual's experience with either person.

It is not true that a PVP gets the promo's first...can you let us know where you found that information? Our system and most large agencies systems, are tied direct into the cruiselines inventory. The second that changes everone's does.

Please do let us know where you received yourinformation from?

It is not true that a PVP gets the promo's first...can you let us know where you found that information? Our system and most large agencies systems, are tied direct into the cruiselines inventory. The second that changes everone's does.

Please do let us know where you received yourinformation from?

CARNIVAL, the corporate office gets them first, sorry to say - it may be same day - but they get them first

CARNIVAL, the corporate office gets them first, sorry to say - it may be same day - but they get them first

Again, that is not true...our system updates automatically, and you can see it. It is automatic. Would love to know where exactly your incorrect information is coming from. Have been in fthe business a very long time with large agencies..maybe some CRS systems (sabre etc) may take longer but quite a few systems are real time.

Me too i love my PVP. She really does a great job for us! I have heard that there are some pvp'S that arn't so swell... SUCH IS LIFE EVERYWHERE. aAs far as TA's go I haven't been impressed with any of the ones we used. We got as good a service with the online self booking cruise offerings. Now if Celebrity had as good a representation ...

FF

From what I've heard PVP's get paid a salary from Carnival and an incentive for their reservations. I brought this up because I was reading a few threads back about which way is best to book and a lot of people have misconceptions about getting the best deal. Before I knew someone personally that did this, I thought that I could get different rates by searching various sites and if I understand correctly, most TA's have to call Carnival directly to get the rates, which the pvp's already have access to. It's mainly about who can qualify you for the best promo. For example past guest, military, etc. , however, I believe TA's can cut their commision to offer a lower rate or perks but to offer a different rate anywhere is against Carnival's policy. Not all pvp's are created equal.

A good TA will check ALL the promotions being offered to find which rate is best for you. Many times there may be a resident rate, upgrade promo etc that will be better. Each sailing may have up to 6 different promos applicable.

:( Or none...

They just come & go...

Like I said in another thread, there is so much misinformation thrown around here by people who think they know the travel industry and then people take it for gospel just because it is on this message board.

The corporate office DOES NOT book cruises. They approve rates that get entered into the system and cruise reservation agents and travel agents see them at the same time. Some of us use dedicated booking engines and NOT the web site that consumers use.

pvps are corporate employees

No, they are regular employees. The corporate people include, the president, all the VP's, and the managers and they don't book cruise for the general public. Do they all work for the same company, yes. Are reservation agents considered part of the corporate staff, no.

Archived