What is there to do on a cruise?

giraffez

When we started cruising we left the ship disappointed because we couldn't "do everything". Now we just relax and enjoy wherever we happen to be. Take a look at this page from my CruisePlanner...

Zuidy is our favorite ship, and I hope you'll enjoy her as much as we do!

Candy the ZuiderPrincess <-- just booked Zuidy #8

If you don't opt for the ever popular idea of sitting back, relaxing and watching the ocean go by, there are lots of other things to do all day. Here are some sample programs from Zuiderdam's sister Westerdam:

Daily schedule

Check out our Alaska trip reports at the address in my sig below.

Have a GREAT cruise!

I love your site. I will come back to it often. We are going to Alaska this year on Princess and Holland America. Thanks for posting.

gg

Thanks all for all your replies. SOme very useful info there!

How much does it cost to play bingo and hear the talks and participate in the games? Are the movies on all day?

About the dining, I thought it was all within scheduled times. SO if you missed it, you don't get to eat? But seems to appear this is not correct and there will be food available all day?

Thanks all for all your replies. SOme very useful info there!

How much does it cost to play bingo and hear the talks and participate in the games? Are the movies on all day?

About the dining, I thought it was all within scheduled times. SO if you missed it, you don't get to eat? But seems to appear this is not correct and there will be food available all day?

A typical bingo session has 4 games. You can get 4 cards, one for each game for $10, or 12 cards, three for each game for $20. Talks and games are free. The movies usually run every two hours and they give away free popcorn. Room service is available 24/7.

Has anyone mentioned the BIG jigsaw thats on the go in the Library.

Want to make an enemy - look over someones shoulder and find 'the ' piece they've been trying to track down for days.

I found it good fun last year on the Zuiderdam going in there each morning to see how it had progressed

Cathy

Has anyone mentioned the BIG jigsaw thats on the go in the Library.

Cathy

AHHHH..... thats interesting. Do they have these on every cruise - so people come and go to complete one big one?

How does the library work? Is it a free system or do you have to buy a library card?

The jigsaw puzzles are in a cupboard in the library - just watch for those gremlins that like to come along and take a couple of pieces just to frustrate you!

The library has a really good assortment of books - I usually go down the first day to pick out a favourite or two of the newest releases.

On our 50 day cruise I wrote out the family history - something I had been meaning to do for a while. When we are gone who will know about the "good old days". Now the kids and grandkids will know what it was like to work for 67 cents an hour and have one outfit for school and one for Sunday and to work hard before school and after and to walk at least 27 miles a week and then go hiking on Sat. for fun. Those were the days all right!

Archived