Trip Insurance for Loyalty Cruise

JaneBP

I am wondering how others have handled this issue. I have booked my complimentary loyalty cruise (Legend/Adriatic/28 July!) and am not sure how to handle the trip insurance issue. Because of the small fees required, the reimbursement wouldn't be very much. But, I would lose a great deal if I had to cancel the sailing.

Thanks!

If you cancel will Seabourn let you rebook another "free" cruise or is it gone forever? Since it is "free" it would seem to have no value, insurance-wise.

I cannot cancel after 45 days, I believe. And yes, you are right, it's 'free' but then, I will have lost out on 'X' amount of a valued cruise. I had heard that there might be some polilcies that cover that value, although not cheap.

I am curious..couldn't SB issue you a "cost" page...just as if you had paid the amt...simply for insurance purposes? I would talk to a supervisor..not just someone who answers the phone. Congrats by the way....what a nice thank you from our wonderful SB. We got ours on Sea Goddess..and really appreciated it. Still are working on the SB one. Lola

Actually, I have the cost, because I had earlier reserved 234 just to be on the safe side. But that's not the issue, because I only had to pay the amount (difference between 'A' and 'A2') to keep this suite since there were no 'A' cabins available (and that's what I was eligible for).

What I would like to have is a policy that covers me for the total cost I would have to pay, if I have to cancel, since I would lose the courtesy option and would have to pay a lot for another cruise. But I doubt it is available.

Actually, I have the cost, because I had earlier reserved 234 just to be on the safe side. But that's not the issue, because I only had to pay the amount (difference between 'A' and 'A2') to keep this suite since there were no 'A' cabins available (and that's what I was eligible for).

Jane,

Congratulations on reaching the loyalty milestone. However, I am astonished that SB is making you pay the "difference" between A & A2 (identical layout, just different deck positioning). I can understand the limited number of suites available for complimentary/earned cruises, but it seems SB could upgrade a GTY passenger to accommodate you without a surcharge. I'd wager over 90% of the people on this board have received an upgrade from SB at one time or another. Since you are one of their most loyal passengers they should cut you a little slack.

Just my opinion ...

johnny

Thanks, I was hoping......but could only take the idea so far with Seabourn.I guess I should get on the cancellation list for an 'A". Problem is, 234 is my favorite with the location and walk-in shower.

Jane

We had a very unhappy experience when booking our "loyalty" cruise - We wanted a suite with handicap access because my DH can't step into a bathtub to shower. We asked for Suite 134 which is a A1 Category -and we were astonished to be charge for an upgrade from A, even thought more than 90 days of our 140+ days were at A1 or ABOVE bookings.

I am currently trying to reach Emily (who has yet to return any of my 3 phone calls). We are only talking about $600 - not a real issue in any way but the principle, but it speaks volumns to me about how Seabourn treats loyal customers.

We didn't address the insurance issue, but if we "loose" our cruise if we need to cancel for health reasons, I guess I need to investigate that issue as well.

Archived