Onboard Medical Clinic

zippypnhd

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has visited the onboard medical facility before? I'm booked on the eastbound trans-atlantic May 12th and then spending a week post in Spain. This will be my third Disney Cruise this year! During my last few cruises, I noticed how easy it is to catch a cold or get sick. My husband and my daughter are both prone to sinus infections. I'm just nervous being away for 3 weeks and someone getting sick to where they will need an anti-biotic.

Has anyone had to visit the clinic before? Do they have rx anti-biotics (z-pak?) and what are the costs of both visiting the Dr onboard and for medication if you need it?

Thanks!

When we were on the Wonder in November, my brother got sick (bronchitis & the flu). He went to the Dr on board, cost was about $200 and he was given a Z pak. He got better so I guess it was worth it.

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has visited the onboard medical facility before? I'm booked on the eastbound trans-atlantic May 12th and then spending a week post in Spain. This will be my third Disney Cruise this year! During my last few cruises, I noticed how easy it is to catch a cold or get sick. My husband and my daughter are both prone to sinus infections. I'm just nervous being away for 3 weeks and someone getting sick to where they will need an anti-biotic.

Has anyone had to visit the clinic before? Do they have rx anti-biotics (z-pak?) and what are the costs of both visiting the Dr onboard and for medication if you need it?

Thanks!

My suggestion to you is that since your husband and daughter are both prone to sinus infections, get an anti-biotic prescription before you leave and take it with you. Just explain to you doctor what you are doing. I suffer from gout, and the doctor just gives me a prescription to take along.

If you take the Disney Travel Insurance, you would eventually end up paying nothing if you use the Medical Services on board.

Taking the presecriptions along really will save you time in the long run.

Hello,

Thanks!

HI all,

Just got off the ship on March 10th. I visited the Medical Clinic for a cut that was infected. It's a $100 consultation fee. They did prescribe a antibiotic pills and antibiotic ointment that I received at the clinic, so they have all that. If I recall correctly, I had to furnish a -real- Credit Card to cover the expenses.

-- sailordude.

We were on the Eastbound Panama cruise in 2005. After we left Mexico before going through the Canal my daughter got sick. She threw up for 3 days. We finally realized the only time she threw up was when she got a high fever, and when we could control the fever she was fine and bouncing off the walls. When we went to the medical clinic they had tons of signs on the way telling you that you must pay for it, they don't take insurance and it is 100 just to see the Dr. Our daughter ended up having strep. We had used up a whole bottle of Tylenol trying to keep her fever down, so we bought the generic Tylenol and antibiotics. That plus the fee to see the dr were put on our shipboard account. We were given a receipt. When we got home we submitted the receipt to our medical insurance and they sent us a check for the dr fee and the medicine, minus the copays.

The experience couldn't have been too traumatic as we are currently booked on the westbound med cruise.

Archived