Attn: New Yorkers - Directions to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

I need exact driving directions from the Tappan Zee Bridge to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert

the way I would go would be as follows...I wouldn't cross the tappan zee I would take the Palisades interstate parkway south to the GW Bridge, the GW Bridge to the west side highway 9a south to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel(you are on 12th avenue for part of the this as the highway ends at 57th street)....the Brookllyn Battery Tunnel to the Hamilton Avenue exit(its right after you emerge from the tunnel), make a left at the light and another left(careful not to get back onto the tunnel) and follow the Blue signs.

No traffic 40 minutes with traffic its more....

There is a way to avoid the toll at the tunnel but its a little more complicated let me know if you want it...

Thanks very much. Our cruise leaves on a Monday so no doubt traffic will be heavy. Any particular time when traffic may be lighter on the West Side?

Generally anytime bewteen 10-4 they should be ok....The west side highway is cars only and the way I sent you you only have truck traffic accross the bridge and down that part of 12th avenue and the BBT tunnel to Brooklyn. Personally I find it best to avoid as much traffic and truck traffic as possible.

if you go to the first page of cruise critic newsletter at the bottom you will see ports located go to new york and it will link you to directions to dock

First of all I don't see a link to the Brooklyn Red Hook cruise terminal at all. Secondly I looked at the New York directions and they are useless to get to the Manhattan cruise terminal. They are general directions into NYC, I strongly suggest against using them at all. Use Mapquest but you really need to have someone who has driven to look at them as sometimes they just aren't the best directions.

Archived