Changing cabins once on board

drpepr

Hi

A little twist to a familiar question.....if you are sailing with friends or family members who have their own cabin and for some reason once on board all parties agree to switch cabins...

on the older ships you can just switch room keys, but on the newer ships your sail and sign card is the room key. will the pursers desk facilitate this switch and give you new cards?

thanks

While I've never heard that question before, I don't know why not. Should be a fairly simple matter for the purser's desk to swap everything out for you. You never know unless you ask.

I am all to familiar with this question. I travel with my family and we have 4 teens who travel with us. Carnival rules are that children must be booked with 1 adult per cabin. So we always book that way and switch the kids to their own cabin via the Pursur's Desk. The Pursur's desk has no problem with it. The problem happens when they recode the cabin keys, we make several attempts to open the door and sometimes you have to go back and forth to the Pursur's desk until it get's fixed. Other than that it's fine.

I am all to familiar with this question. I travel with my family and we have 4 teens who travel with us. Carnival rules are that children must be booked with 1 adult per cabin. So we always book that way and switch the kids to their own cabin via the Pursur's Desk. The Pursur's desk has no problem with it. The problem happens when they recode the cabin keys, we make several attempts to open the door and sometimes you have to go back and forth to the Pursur's desk until it get's fixed. Other than that it's fine.

No longer true! Kids can be booked in to their own cabin IF they are next door or directly across the hall.

Our CVS just clarified this for us concerning a cabin that my sister was booking for her daughters - both 14.

So no need to go through the switch - just book the kids in to their own room.

I have my 23-year old brother travelling with his 20-year old girlfriend in October. We have my mom and the girlfriend in one cabin, and my brothers in the other cabin. When we did this last year, we just got separate keys. Are you guys saying that we can get the purser's desk to recode the S&S cards of the 2 people switching so they don't have to carry around a 2nd card?

I'm so glad I know this. My DD is getting married in June on the Fascination. One of her wedding guests booked a room fro himsef and his girlfriend. He's 23 and she's 20. Carnival wouldn't let them in a room by themselves. Because she is not 21! So I booked myself in with the girl friend. The wedding guest is in the room with my DH and younger DD. Glad to hear once we're on the ship we can swich with the pursurs desk.:D :D :D

Archived