Luau in Kauai, not Maui - opinions?

swalkr

Since the Luau has been changed from Maui to Kauai, I was wondering if anyone has attended this one yet. We really want to go to a Luau that is located on a beach (POH 4/16 our first cruise, you understand). Have searched extensively for Luaus and none seem to say if they are on the beach or not - would just seem more authentic. What about Luau info at each port? I don't want to make our reservations at the one on Kauai, only to find out after we get into a port, that there are many Luaus to pick from, from private vendors. Probably have to do a Luau at either Maui (private, day 1) or Kauai, (also day 1) since those are the only two ports we will be at for more than one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to decide if we should go to a Luau in Maui or Kauai. I googled Luau Kauai and got lots of links.

We are going on the bike ride down Mt. Haleakala second day in port in Maui, so being out at the luau (and drinking some) doesn't seem the best prep for coasting 38 miles on a bicycle for 3 hours!

Archived