Did you have a fridge in your interior cabin?

Even if you have a fridge the best bet is to bring a folding cooler and use that. I have taken all the soda's out of the fridges on every cruise and it is nearly impossible to cool down water.

So we bring a folding cooler that is 12x12x12 and ask the room attendant to put ice in it. Never have a problem that way.

Even the mini bars in hotels have the same problem as the condenser coil just is not big enough to cool those little ones.

On Grandeur and Enchantment which have fridges, in the balcony and above cabins, but were not full of stuff, as they are on some other ships.... We just put the ice bucket full of ice inside the fridge, which makes it even cooler.

On ships where it is full of stuff, we just push their stuff out of the way and put our stuff in. We've always found them to be cold enough, and the ice buckets alone don't have room for much. And I don't have room to pack a collapsible cooler. :)

Some ships do have fridges in every room. From reading, I believe the Freedom class does, and perhaps Voyager and the Radiance classes. :)

Archived