Passports...got One!

mgkdk

Got mine yesterday (3-17-07) was scheduled to be here 3-20-07. Applied 1-16-07, called 2x per week for last 4 weeks. DH still scheduled for 3-24-07 delivery. We leave 3-21-07 !!! Called Friday am, told DH passport in final stages and to call later that day to make sure it went out. The phone lines were closed 8pm Minnesota time!!! Kinda half and half good news....mine came earlier than thought...still awaiting DH. Mine was sent priority mail...left the Seattle office 4pm Thursday..got Sat. afternoon.

Got mine yesterday (3-17-07) was scheduled to be here 3-20-07. Applied 1-16-07, called 2x per week for last 4 weeks. DH still scheduled for 3-24-07 delivery. We leave 3-21-07 !!! Called Friday am, told DH passport in final stages and to call later that day to make sure it went out. The phone lines were closed 8pm Minnesota time!!! Kinda half and half good news....mine came earlier than thought...still awaiting DH. Mine was sent priority mail...left the Seattle office 4pm Thursday..got Sat. afternoon.

How in the world did you get through to talk to anyone? Do they have a number or something that you can call once your application shows up in their system? Just curious...As someone who is waiting for mine to even SHOW up in the system, I'm glad you got yours!:)

Sheri

LeighNtexas, there is at least one thread that describes the trick in getting through to someone. Involves tricking the system by hitting a number several times. No clue where it is, but the description is somewhere on these boards...

mgkdk, congrats!

First, I start to call around 6am (Central time). Then your first option choose #1, then choose option#3. At that point you get a woman who tells "you all reps are busy...sorry for the inconvience....we suggest....." you then push #9 to go back to the main menu, at the main menu choose option #3again, if you get the woman with the same message, start again, choose #9 to go back to the main menu, then option #3. Repeating this process....it does work. One time I was on for 5 minutes, the longest 30 min.

Hope this works for you.

First, I start to call around 6am (Central time). Then your first option choose #1, then choose option#3. At that point you get a woman who tells "you all reps are busy...sorry for the inconvience....we suggest....." you then push #9 to go back to the main menu, at the main menu choose option #3again, if you get the woman with the same message, start again, choose #9 to go back to the main menu, then option #3. Repeating this process....it does work. One time I was on for 5 minutes, the longest 30 min.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks!! I will give them a few more days to see if my application gets into their system and then i will try what you said! Thanks again!

Sheri

YIPEE!!!!! DH got his passport...they FED-EX'd it!

The website on Sat. said he was in final stages and it was scheduled for 3-24-07. This morning (5am Monday) moved the date up to 3-21-07. Then at 7am it moved up to "on or before 3-18-07". WOW....they must have people working thru the weekend.

Hope the speedup (althought very late in getting started) continues !

Hope this works for you.

This worked!! I had to go back and forth, back and forth, probably 50 times, but finally a different message came on, and I just talked to a real person! He said that they had received our applications and would be in the system in a couple of days. At least i know they GOT the applications!

Sheri

Yea !!!!!! I'm so glad it worked for you!!!

Another thing, ALWAYS be very nice. Alot of people call screaming and swearing. I was always very..very...understanding (at their work load). After all it's not the operators fault. I know they always document the phone call...who took the call, and what was said. So ya never know if in a little memo.."this guys a real jerk" and oops...off to the bottom of the pile.

Archived