Rhapsody Sofa Beds after Refurb

Does anyone who has been on Rhapsody after drydock know whether or not they replaced the old warn out sofa beds?

Specifically in the Owner's Suites. I have an OS in May and am sharing with 3 other people, so we will be using the sofa bed. The last time I was on the Rhapsody, it was terribly uncomfortable!

Just got off Rhapsody and we were in OS 8004. I do not know what the old beds wer like, however with 2 layers of egg crate, the sofa bed was very comfortable. I am close to 250 lbs and slept on it since my family was too cold in that area of the room. I would recommend bringing some egg crate or making sure plenty is availble before you board. We had not problem getting extra to make the bed comforatable.

Later,

J

J,

Thanks for the info! We will be in 8002. Sounds like if you needed the egg crates, they still have the old sofa beds. One of the major problems we had before is that you would roll towards the other person and both end up in the middle.

Did the furniture look old and used, or did it look fairly new? How about the TV's? Did the OS have the new plasma screens?

Hope you had a great time, and thanks again for the info!

Westie,

Some of the furniture looked old and some looked new. The chairs for the makeup table and table looked and smelled new. The chairs by the couch and the couch looked old. The bedding on the main bed was new and VERY nice. I smelled the furniture because our room smelled like a bar and was trying to see where the smell of smoke was coming from, also there were cigarette burns all over our carpet so I could not tell if it was new. The standard tv's were in the rooms and no word on the plasmas. If you are a light sleeper you may want to bring some ear plugs as the walls were pretty thin and you will hear carts in the Windjammer until late in the night and then start again early in the morning. Seems like they are not going to do to much since Rhapsody is leaving the market. Our attendant was absolutely wonderful, however he told me he was off in May sometime, but hopefully he will be around for your cruise. His name is Dwight Prentice and he was employee of the year. If he is there, tell him we all said hello from 8004..We were the people with the 2 kids one of them being a 9 month old girl.

hello

i was on the maiden cruise out of dry dock (nightmares for sure) one of them was not the bedding...from the feel and smell of all the bedding in the junior suites they must have replaced it all...we had three people in our suite...I was the one sleeping on the sofa bed... With no egg crate...I agree with the ear plug quote...we had shuffle board or something above us...could hear all kinds of noises...hope this helps:cool:

Archived