Fraternity Reunion on Freedom

We are in the early stages of planning a 40th reunion for my husband's college fraternity and are considering several options. One of them would be a back-to-back on Freedom of the Seas in April 2008.

The idea is that we could make the first week the "official" reunion cruise for people who are only willing to give it a week. The second week would be for retirees and cruise-lovers who would just as soon stay on the ship but would want to see different ports. Since it's well past Easter, we're hoping for fewer kids on board. (Although, of course, our own grandchildren are all wonderful and well-behaved.)

These guys are all in their 60's and are scattered all around the country. We'd open it up to anybody we can still find plus anyone else who wants to go with us.

I've been on Carnival, Norweigan, and Celebrity and prefer Celebrity hands-down. Although I've never been on a Royal Caribbean, it seems like it would be a good compromise. I thought that on Freedom of the Seas, at least there wouldn't be any way to be bored.

So ...

I'm asking for your help. Any suggestions on how to organize it, how to book it, what to do on-board, etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cher

We are in the early stages of planning a 40th reunion for my husband's college fraternity and are considering several options. One of them would be a back-to-back on Freedom of the Seas in April 2008.

The idea is that we could make the first week the "official" reunion cruise for people who are only willing to give it a week. The second week would be for retirees and cruise-lovers who would just as soon stay on the ship but would want to see different ports. Since it's well past Easter, we're hoping for fewer kids on board. (Although, of course, our own grandchildren are all wonderful and well-behaved.)

These guys are all in their 60's and are scattered all around the country. We'd open it up to anybody we can still find plus anyone else who wants to go with us.

I've been on Carnival, Norweigan, and Celebrity and prefer Celebrity hands-down. Although I've never been on a Royal Caribbean, it seems like it would be a good compromise. I thought that on Freedom of the Seas, at least there wouldn't be any way to be bored.

So ...

I'm asking for your help. Any suggestions on how to organize it, how to book it, what to do on-board, etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cher

With something of this magnitude I would definitely suggest a good TA, There are many things to consider with a large group. The first being that for every 8 CABINS you book then you get one berth (one person) free. The fare is free but the taxes and port fees are still added. Also for groups they have parties, amenities and such. How would you handle the deposits, bookings, etc? Talk to a good TA who has experience with groups.

Archived