Any recent guests at the Sleep Inn in Dania?

Ltvscout

I'm wondering what your experience was with their free shuttle pickup from the airport and shuttle to the port. Was there any hassles? Is the port shuttle a first come, first served affair the morning of the cruise?

Thank you for your help.

Scott we stayed at the Sleep Inn. There was no hassel with getting picked up at the airport or being taken to the port. You sign up for a time to be taken. We went over at 1030. At the time we signed up though it was about noon and the only choices were 1030 or 1230.

The rooms were clean and I would stay there again prior to cruising. There is a strip across from the hotel with Italian, Mexican, and Chinese restaurant choices. The beach is 1.5 miles away and has a boardwalk.

Scott we stayed at the Sleep Inn. There was no hassel with getting picked up at the airport or being taken to the port. You sign up for a time to be taken. We went over at 1030. At the time we signed up though it was about noon and the only choices were 1030 or 1230.

The rooms were clean and I would stay there again prior to cruising. There is a strip across from the hotel with Italian, Mexican, and Chinese restaurant choices. The beach is 1.5 miles away and has a boardwalk.

Thanks for the info, Leanne. I better call them tomorrow. We won't be getting in to FLL till 7:10pm. I want to make sure they'll put my name down on the signup sheet for me before I get there. We have to meet friends that our cruising with us at the port at 11:30am.

We are staying there post-cruise as well so I will also ask them about early check-in when I call. We plan on going to the beach/broadwalk (Yup, that's how it's spelled. I thought it was boardwalk at first as well.) on Sunday after we get off the ship.

Here's to hoping that the new bedding is in our room on the Jewel this weekend. ;)

Just stayed here last weekend. It was fine. We took the noon shuttle to the cruise port and walked right in. No waiting in line for anything.

Cab to the broadwalk area ran about $8.00 one way.

Thank you for the info.

We are staying there post-cruise as well so I will also ask them about early check-in when I call. We plan on going to the beach/broadwalk (Yup, that's how it's spelled. I thought it was boardwalk at first as well.) on Sunday after we get off the ship.

FYI: Early check in will cost you an extra $10.00 IF there is a room available as several in our party were charged. Otherwise, they offer to store your bags in the business center for you. Enjoy your stay, try out the Chinese place across the street, HUGE portions for the money!;)

FYI: Early check in will cost you an extra $10.00 IF there is a room available as several in our party were charged. Otherwise, they offer to store your bags in the business center for you. Enjoy your stay, try out the Chinese place across the street, HUGE portions for the money!;)

Thanks for the info. I have no problem with paying $10 to get into our room earlier. I'd much rather do that than have our bags sit in an unsecured business center.

I called them yesterday about the signup sheet for getting to the port. I explained to them that our flight doesn't land till 7:10pm so we'd be getting there late. I told him that we needed to have a 11am shuttle time because we have to meet friends of ours at the dock at 11:30. There are five in our family and my oldest daughter is staying in our friends cabin since we can only get 4 to a cabin. He put a special notation on my res and also told me to call them tomorrow morning to ask them to put our family on the sheet for me. I thought that was nice of them, we'll see if it works out that way. ;) He said they run two shuttles at a time on the weekends every half hour.

Archived