Basketball on the Conquest

katgilm

Is there a basketball court on the Conquest? Does anyone know the hours it's open and if you need to sign up first? Are there balls available or do the boys need to bring their own?

Is there a basketball court on the Conquest? Does anyone know the hours it's open and if you need to sign up first? Are there balls available or do the boys need to bring their own?

THERE IS A BASKETBALL COURT ON THE CONQUEST. I AM PLANNING TO BRING MY OWN BALL JUST IN CASE.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, I HAVE A COPY OF THE JANUARY 2007 CAPERS AND THEY HAD A FOUL SHOOTING CONQUEST.

HAVE FUN ON YOUR CRUISE. WHEN ARE YOU SAILING?

We are taking the 4/1 cruise. Three teenage boys (including mine) traveling with us are all serious "ballers". They all play on about four different teams (AAU and league teams) and it's constant basketball. I'm glad to hear that there is a court, I don't think they could last a week without playing! We'll have to make sure that at least one of them brings a ball.

We are taking the 4/1 cruise. Three teenage boys (including mine) traveling with us are all serious "ballers". They all play on about four different teams (AAU and league teams) and it's constant basketball. I'm glad to hear that there is a court, I don't think they could last a week without playing! We'll have to make sure that at least one of them brings a ball.

You are going to be on the same cruise i am going to be on, be sure to check in to the roll call thread, its everyone going on this cruise, here is a link to it below....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=398125

Be sure you check out real quick we are throwing a cruise critic party, if you are interested let me know, the cost is $12.25 per person for Open Bar for a hour! Email me if you are interested! Stop in and say hello to the thread and introduce yourself!

Hello Folks, its Jim...Just so everyone knows this will be my last official attempt to contact anyone regarding the party. If I have not heard back from anyone by Tuesday, then I will go ahead and book the party. Once the party has been booked, no one else will be allowed to attend the party, unless you have been pre-paid for the party. There will be no way to accept any funds once on the ship.

If you are interested in attending, please contact via my email- kcchiefsfannindy@sbcglobal.net so I may invoice you thru paypal. No account is needed, to pay for the party. The charge for the party will be $12.25 per person. This is a OPEN BAR. Any other questions please feel to ask.

Cruise Critic Cocktail Party

1 Hour OPEN BAR with dry snacks.............................$11.44 pp

ALL INDIVIDUAL COCKTAIL PARTIES MUST BE DONE DURING ONE FULL DAY AT SEA (BASED ON AVAILABILITY) ROOMS ARE ONLY BLOCKED FOR THE LENGHT OF THE COCKTAIL PARTY PURCHASED.

*PLEASE NOTE: THIS PARTY INFORMATION IS APPLICABLE TO INDIVIDUAL RESERVATION BOOKINGS ONLY, AND CAN BE ARRANGED WITH A MINIMUM OF 20 GUEST.

ALL PRICES ARE BASED PER PERSON AND INCLUDES THE SERVICE CHARGE. CHILDREN RATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR COCKTAIL PARTIES. CHILDREN WHO ARE 7 & UNDER ARE ADMITTED FREE. Alright people now is your time to shine!! We need to know if there is any of you who would be willing to spring for this reception idea, and get a helluva of a deal on the bar drinks for a hour or two. The only downfall is we need more than 20 people to confirm and do this! I know I can get my $11.44 pp with in the first 30 minutes....maybe faster.......LOL!!!

JUST COPY AND PASTE YOUR INFORMATION:

Name # attending time

Jim (KcfanNindy) & Jackie (Funhavin) 2 flex---------PAID

Jerry & Susan ( JDW2804) 2 flex-------PAID

Sue & Keith (Sodell) 2 flex---------------PAID

Mindy & Larry ( Meresener) 2 flex-------------PAID

Angie & Tom (Meresener friends) 2 flex-----------------PAID

Darla & Tim (BlueFins) 2 flex

Julie & Jim (Jules7226) 2 flex-------------PAID

Suzi & Sean (Fourcoleman) 2 flex-------------PAID

Marietta & Dave (Fourcoleman Group) 2 flex-------PAID

Lorri & Eric (Fourcoleman Group) 2 flex--------------PAID

Debi & Bob ( Dkb363) 2 flex----------------------PAID

Cheryl (CarnivalConquestBound) 1 flex-----------------PAID

Brian & Charlene(Briankinley2004)2flex---------PAID

Ronelle & Derek (Derekgmc) 2 flex-----------PAID-------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL = 27

Ok now we have 27 confirmed. If any others are wanting to attend jump on board...in a hurry, will need all payments ASAP!!! sorry for the confusion....the # after the name is the amount attending, the time ( Flexible) depends on Carnivals times when they can hold the party.

OK, THE CAPTIANS COCKTAIL PARTY BEGINS AT 5PM FOR THE EARLY DINING, WHICH WILL BE TAKING PLACE IN THE DECK 5 AFT, EARLY DINNER SEATING BEGINS AT 5:45 PM

SINCE THIS IS A FORMAL NIGHT....THE TIME IF AVAILABLE WILL BE 2PM TO 3PM AS THE FIRST CHOICE, AND 3 PM TO 4 PM FOR THE SECOND CHOICE. The price already includes the gratutity according to what Carnival has stated!

The response I got from Carnival is this needs to be paid in full prior to holding the party, NO ONE CAN PAY AT THE LAST MINUTE OR USE A SIGN & SAIL TO GAIN ENTRY INTO THE PARTY. THIS HAS TO BE PRE-ARRANGED!

If we do get over 20+ people....the cost will be estimated at $12.25 this will include the paypal fees + Carnival's Party.Updated on 3/18/07 @ 1:00 PM eastern time

I'll check it out.

Thanks for letting me know!

be sure to check in so we can add your group to the rol call group. Please check in, we are attempting to find out how many people we have from the board that is crusing.... cant wait to meet you.. name is Jim!

I had a 17 year old who "lived" at the basketball court on our Conquest Cruise. Except for the few times there are scheduled events/games, it's mostly pick-up games (3 on 3, winners keep playing, losers take a break and wait their turn); mostly older teenagers and 20 somethings. To save time, bring your own ball (we brought a deflated ball and a pump - easier to travel with). Also, it gets HOT up there are there is no water fountain, unless they added one since we sailed so bring a water bottle with you. After the first day, my son wore his swimming trunks to play so I wouldn't have to do laundry! If I'm not mistaken, the court closed as soon as the supper club opened each night because it's literally on top of the club.

Archived