Chicago's Ohare - Connection Question?

jronilo

On Sunday 9/12/2004, we have a forty minute connection (if the plane arrives as scheduled) at Chicago's Ohare to transfer from Terminal 2 (F gates) to Terminal 1 Concourse C. Is it possible? Checking the arrival times this past Sunday, the aircraft was 20 minutes late, narrowing the connection time to about 23 minutes.

We typically fly Delta and are thus familiar with Atlanta Hartsfield. O'Hare will be a new experience, one that I don't want to ruin my trip on the Amsterdam from Seattle.

Thanks!

I had to make a connection in ORD when my flight was running late and I had 30 minutes to RUN B to C and I just made it......If it's the same airline they might hold the plane, I would check to see if there are later flights available. ORD it notoriously bad for delays. :(

If all the arriving flights are running 15-20 minutes late (not unusual for ORD) then you will have no problem, since all the outbound flights will also be delayed. If your flight is the only one arriving late, then it might be exciting. The thing to check is whether there is another flight a couple of hours later to your destination.

Second point - even if you made the flight (in a 20-25 minute connection) your luggage probably will not.

Cruisinmatt is correct - ORD is having a tough time this summer as traffic is back to pre 9/11 levels.

Jerry

Second point - even if you made the flight (in a 20-25 minute connection) your luggage probably will not.

YES!!! that is sooo true. I did not get my luggage until 1PM the next day in Fort Lauderdale. And that was after 5+ calls to have it expedited!!! :(

I flew United.

Actually, I have checked the later flight times. We are on the 9:55A, there is one flight following ours that will get us there in time, 11:55A, arrives SEA at 2:15. And yes, we are on United.

I suppose I should have refined my question, to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1, are you required to go through security? From the ORD map, it is unclear.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you posted this long ago, but Sep 12 is not yet here -- Terminal 2 is right next to terminal 1 and the set up allows you to walk from terminal to terminal with out going through security (United Express comes into terminal 2, United uses terminal 1) -- the distance is really not great but you do have to get to the C gates, and will have to go through the underground tunnel (it has moving sidewalks) -- if you are slow walking, let the airline know so that they can arrange a motorized cart or wheel chair -- it is also always a good idea to ask the flight attendant on board about your connection 20-30 minutes before landing to let them know that you are on board and do have to connect.

As for delays at O'Hare this summer....that is as unpredictable as the upgrade fairy -- I just wish you luck. Flew round trip ORD-SEA this summer on United and there are MANY flights a day on United to Seattle.

Archived