Granduer of the Seas 9/4/2004

Dana30

Hi All...

I am about to book the above mentioned cruise. Tell me all about the hship. It will be our first time on RCCL. We have been on Celebrity (5x), Norwegian 2x and Carnival 2x. How is RCCL different?

We are excited. Thanks for any input!

Dana

Hi Dana,

I will be sailing Grandeur on Sept 4 also. It's a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. Entertainment was very good. Good food is available all time. I went on the same cruise in June with friends and am sailing this time with my mom. If you have any specific questions - I'd be glad to answer if I can.

Cindy

I just got off the Grandeur two weeks ago from my first cruise. For first time cruisers it will probably be the best experience. The ship is very beautiful large and roomy. There was approximately 2400 people on the cruise including the crew and we never felt crowded. The crew was fantastic, kind and very entertaining. Food was generally good but we didn't like the place that was opened late that served pizza, etc. The cruise director is great and alot of fun. They have great activities for kids. The Windjammer Cafe is awesome. The room stewart cleans your room twice a day and you get a surprise on your bed several times during the week. There is soda and water in your room but they are not complimentary and they cannot be included on your soda card. The only negative thing I have to say is to please make sure before you purchase the soda cards that they would actually be worth it. My husband purchased two of them and didn't realize the cost with gratuity was $96.60. They serve your soda in little glasses. If you want soda for dinner you have to get up and get it from the bar although our assistant waiter did get some for us. Otherwise you have to pay for it. We drank nowhere enough soda to pay for one card. Ice tea, lemonade and water was free and available always. Are you going to CocoKay? If so, you will think you died and went to heaven. It is so beautiful the snorkeling is breathtaking. The jet ski trip excursion was awesome.You are treated to a really great picnic with the best chicken and ribs I have eaten in a long time. Overall, I am having a hard time to keep from running way and join the ship crew.

Robin

HI, we sailed on Grandeur last September transatlantic (eastbound) and loved it. It is virtually identical to Enchantment OTS.

Food was great, comedy entertainment was great, waiter was wonderful.

We will be sialing on the Grandeur again in October (10/4 to Canada/New England)

CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Well, what can I possibly add to the above posters? We have been on the Grandeur 3X's and it is our favorite ship. We have been on the Voyager class also, but we do prefer the size of the Granduer. Not too small at all and big enough for a 2400 people.

We would not hesitate to sail her again.

Happy cruising. ;)

Hey Truffles2 good to hear from you again. And we met on the Granduer last year..............

I would love to sail on her again, howeve we are doing the PC cruise on the Serenade at the end of October. I have just about run out of vacation time for this year....I will have used 5 weeks by Dec. I can't book anything else until next year, but thank you for asking. I would also love to go to NO, I have never been there. Enjoy

Archived