Sports Afloat?

foft

Does anyone know if NCL still has that Sports Afloat program (or was it called something else?)? Basically you get stamps for participating in various sports activities, and then cash in your stamps for a t-shirt, hat, or some other gift?

FOFT

I don't recall ever seeing something like that on NCL. I may be wrong and it just wasn't something I paid attention to. However, they used to have the 'bar cards' where you drank at the different bars and got holes punched then got something when you filled the card.:D I didn't see that on my last cruise a few weeks ago either, so don't know if that is still in effect or not.

Does anyone know if NCL still has that Sports Afloat program (or was it called something else?)? Basically you get stamps for participating in various sports activities, and then cash in your stamps for a t-shirt, hat, or some other gift?
It was still on the Sun in October 2004. But by December 2006 it had gone. Those who asked were apparently told that it had been "suspended", but as I simply didn't go to any organised fitness activities at all as a result I didn't get the chance to probe this.

I should also say that the number and variety of fitness classes had also deteriorated in those two years - except, of course for the extra cost ones. It's been a long time since I failed to go to the classes on a cruise.

Archived