fort lauderdale grande hotel yacht club

hooked on cruzin

The Quay shopping center is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We have had friends park in the Quay lot for all day while visiting us at the Ren or the Grande with no problem. The sign says for Quay customers only.

Ron

I would think then that if we are actually customer's of Budget that we'd not have a problem if we wanted to park here.

We also have friends coming in for dinner from West Palm to meet us.

And, if it's only a 10 min. walk then we could easily drop the car and walk back to the hotel after dropping our luggage if we decide to turn the car in early.

We were there this past Feb. There was a lot of construction going on. We had a balcony room, and could look just across the street and see the cruise ships. There are pics in my signature. You could tell the hotel definitely needs the renovations. There's a note on the back of the commode that tells you that the water discoloration is because of the water supply, that it's nothing dangerous. There were spots in the carpets & walls that told of the age and I'm sure that will be a part of what they are working on and re-modeling. The beds were clean, and comfortable, but the only way I would stay there again would be after the re-modeling, and if we could get the same room to be able to see the view of the ships early in the morning. I included things about this hotel in my review which can be found by clicking on the below link, and there are pics in my signature. The rooms look just like the pics you saw by another poster. Enjoy your trip.:)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=25830

• 2 weeks later...

we were able to get the FLL Grande for 71.00 plus taxes - thanks all.

Can anyone tell me about the water taxi from here = where you go - what you see - the charge?

Is the French bakery that eveyone is talking about in the Quay shopping Plaza?

THANKS

that we should request? After reading some of the reviews it sounds like some area's of this hotel are still a mess.

I'm wondering if there is a specific area or type of room that we should request when checking in?

we were able to get the FLL Grande for 71.00 plus taxes - thanks all.

Can anyone tell me about the water taxi from here = where you go - what you see - the charge?

Is the French bakery that eveyone is talking about in the Quay shopping Plaza?

THANKS

Re: Water taxi

You can get this right out back from the Grande. Fee is $11 pp, $9 for seniors. You can ride all day for this price. It will take you downtown to Las Olas and to Shooters. It is great fun.

mollyanne:)

We're at the Grande right now and for $99 it's a deal. Bed is really soft and we got a beautiful view from our balcony. Rooms could use an update, but everything is workable (but overly outdated). Hallways are hot and dismal, but lobby and pool area are really nice. Staff are friendly. The grounds and view make this hotel. This is prime property on the intercoastal. I'm not sorry we're here. This hotel will become really pricey once they finish the remodeling - the tower looks nice, but isn't open yet. I wouldn't stay at the Embassy until their upgrading is done either unless you get a good deal. I really like this location.

for posting from your vacation.

Do you think that there might be a better location (for our room) to request when we check in? I would think that some of the hotel must be completed being they are to be done with the work in May.

I sure hope that they have a bellhop or at least a luggage cart as I'm gonna have a ton of luggage LOL

Poor DH - I already feel sorry for him :o

Any tips or suggestions you can give us after staying there would be appreciated?

I think we got upgraded to a water view as our view is fabulous. However, we cannot see the cruise ships. There are two wings currently open and one wing overlooks the pool and 17th Street our wing overlooks the water and I don't know what's on the other side. We are in the West Wing. I would suggest high in the tower overlooking the port if it is open. The tower looks nearly completed and I'll bet rooms will be nice.

We had wonderful bell service yesterday - don't understand the other poster who said they didn't have bell service???

We just booked yesterday for 1 nite pre-cruise in mid-July. Does anyone know if all of the rooms will be upgraded? I did ask when we reserved and they said yes. We got the room for 129.00. Since DH cannot take elevators (claustrophobic), I asked for lower room or one accessible by stairs only. They were happy to honor our request. Spoke directly to concierge and she was most pleasant and accommodating. Hope this helps anyone who has concerns about staff there.

So nice to have you there and give us first hand input of what is currently going on at the hotel.

We really appreciate it. ENJOY your TRIP!

Great idea about the concerige as we to have a couple of people in our group with health issue's

I think I'll call them and see if she can help us as well.

I just booked this hotel on priceline for $70. Thanks Bequia for directing me to this post. There's a wealth of information here. It seems like a fairly nice hotel. I'm going to be there May 19-21 pre cruise, I'll let everyone know how my stay goes.

Archived