Navigator Formal Night Question

Alicomp

We will soon be on the Navigator and I have read and understand the definitions of appropriate attire for dinner. I have a question which may be a little unique regarding formal night. My husband is in the process of losing a lot of weight and doesn't have a suit that fits and he prefers not to have to buy a new dark suit that he will probably only wear during formal nights on the ship. Would he be okay wearing a navy blazer, tie and grey slacks on formal night? I know this is not Regent's definition of formal but am hoping this would be okay.

Thank you.

My DH is in the same situation - he's lost 50 lbs in the 6 months before our cruise last Nov.- and another 20 lbs since. (Yeah Sweety!! :D You're doing great!!). We bought a charcoal suit at Men's Warehouse - they have free tailoring for as long as you own the suit (you pay the first time and every additional "adjustment" is free). He's already had it retailored.

We were on the transatlanitic on the Voyager - and the passengers did dress up on formal nights - I saw many ball gowns and tuxes. We used more spit and polish in those eight days than the past eight years on dry land :) !!!

Archived