Morningstar

Man Over Board

I know there has been alot of questions in regards to different beaches in St. Thomas. I believe I have decided on going to Morningstar. Anybody been? How far from the port is the resort? My other options were Lindberg or Secret Harbour. Of the 3 which is closer to port?

Many Thanks!

Where will you dock? There are two dockages, Havensight and Crown Bay. Morningstar is nearer to Havensight and Lindberg nearer to Crown Bay. Neither are "premier beaches" have sand and water, but not the real beachie flavor and I am not sure about snorkeling at either one.

B.

not sure where i will be docked at. How do I find out? I'm on the Carnival Liberty and will be there on May 1st.

I'm looking for a nice beach where it is not too crowded. My wife and I might want to snorkel alittle but we are really just looking forward to just laying there with a drink in our hand. Oh, a walk up bar is a must.

We were thinking of Megans Bay, but everyone is saying how crowded it is. Plus, I think a beach at a Resort would be very very nice.

Your Thoughts?

Many thanks!!!

Hello,

You should be at Havensight. Morningstar is about a 5-6 minute drive, its the closest. Lindberg is about 15 minutes... more if there is traffic. And Secret Harbor is about a 22-25 minute drive. These times are in low/medium traffic.

--Islander

Thank you Islander for the information. Are these beaches small? My wifes concern is that the beach is too small? There are 3 ships in port that day, will Megans Bay be too crowded? I don't want to be the only one on the beach but I don't want to be stepping on people either.

After talking it over last night we are now deciding between Morningstar and Megans. How far is Megans?

Just a little information about us, we are 30 yrs old. Like to lay in the sun and drink. We will not be renting anything. We will do some swimming but mostly laying on the beach enjoying the sun and drinks. A beach bar is a must.

So that being said Megans or Morningstar?

Magen's will not be crowded with just 3 ships in town. It's about 20 or so minutes from Havensight.

But if it's a beach bar you want, then head to Morningstar. ;) They have a very nice one there called Coco Joe's. Though Magen's sells alcohol, I did not see what I would call a "beach bar" where I was there.

Hello,

If you are comparing the beaches in STT/STJ to the beaches in say Florida that in some cases seem to go on and on and on along the coast than all beaches in the STT/STJ are small. ;) Magens Bay is about a mile long and its the longest beach on St. Thomas. Also the beaches in the VI aren't very wide in terms of the shoreline.

Magens Bay is a popular choice with cruise passengers. If there are ships in port it will generally be more populated than Morningstar. 3 ships isn't so bad so Magens shouldn't be overly crowded. There will be more people around the concession area, that is where the food/bar is located; if you move down a bit from it then usually the crowd evens out.

Magens is about a 15 minute drive from Havensight.

For laying on the beach with drinks, both are fine. Swimming is better at Magens in my opinion because the water is typically calmer and clearer than at Morningstar. But for quick swims Morningstar is fine.

The bar at Morningstar is more of a resort restaurant/bar and its beachfront. At Magens its a more casual bar next to the food area (which serves burgers, pizza). Its also beachfront.

--Islander

Archived