3-D Photo Gallery, Old San Juan (just for fun)

chesterh

Here’s something just for fun – a 3-D on-line photo gallery, containing 45 pictures taken in Old San Juan this past February. We were there on Celebrity’s Millennium, cruising with a pair of teenagers. Most of the pictures are night shots of the ship and the city.

There are some prerequisites to viewing the gallery:

1) You really need a broadband connection unless you are extraordinarily patient.

2) You will automatically be prompted to download a browser plug-in. You must grant permission for it to be installed, a simple and quick procedure. I guarantee it is safe.

3) The gallery is only compatible with PCs. Sorry Mac owners.

You’ll navigate around the gallery using your mouse (or even better, your arrow keys). The pictures are spread over three floors. A menu at the top of the page is used to access the upper floors. There is some nice musical accompaniment, so turn up your speakers.

The gallery originally accompanied Chapter 40 (San Juan) in an on-going cruise travelogue. There are hundreds of pictures and ten videos accompanying more than 110,00 words, just in case you need a diversion…

Click here for the 3-D Gallery

chesterh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here’s something just for fun – a 3-D on-line photo gallery, containing 45 pictures taken in Old San Juan this past February. We were there on Celebrity’s Millennium, cruising with a pair of teenagers. Most of the pictures are night shots of the ship and the city.

Thanks Chester. That was really cool. We were just there 10/04 on Century and It was a nice stroll down memory lane. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Creole Girl. The Gallery was created with a product from Adobe called Atmosphere. I think it really enhances the photos, and some of the 3D effects are pretty cool -- I especially like the perspective effect on the picture of some umbrellas seen through a doorway (third 'floor' of the gallery), where it really appears to have depth...

Thanks for looking, Patti. With winter gaining hold, my thoughts often return to Old San Juan...

All the best,

chesterh

Hi Chesterh:

Thanks a lot for all the good memories you brought back to me. I am from Puerto Rico and it really made me happy to see those pictures. It is good when someone appreciates your country. Thanks a lot. and have a happy Thanksgiving.

Lyneida

Thank you, Lyneida -- it is a beautiful island. When we lived on St Thomas, my wife and I would fly over to 'stretch our legs'.

You might be interested in a video I made of the sail out of San Juan harbor at night. It was a remarkable sight. Click here to view.

chesterh

Hi Chesterh:

Thanks again, That is a beautifull video. I loved it. It is a beautifull view the one that you get out of san juan at night, specially from a cruise. you get to see everything. And i really like the music too. It reminds me of Puerto Rico. It reminded me of my first cruise 2 years ago for my honeymoon.

Thanks again a lot,

Lyneida

• 9 months later...

Chesterh, The pictures are beautiful. And the presentation was amazing!

What a wonderful way to show your photo's. Truly, professional...

I make my own picture dvd's of my family, and would love to learn how to do something like what you have done.

Maddie

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Cruisechick82 - glad you enjoyed it.

Maddie444, I'm almost embarrassed to admit how easy it was to create the gallery. Unfortunately, the maker of the software I used (Adobe) has discontinued it. It was called Atmosphere, should you can manage to find a copy somewhere. If you're making DVDs, I'm sure you would find making a 3D gallery fun and fairly straightforward.

Elsewhere on this board are several cruise-related videos that I made - more "just for fun" stuff:

1) Leaving San Juan at Night

2) Young Men in Black (Teens in Tuxes)

3) Sailing Under the Baltimore Bridges

4) A Little Levity (Excessive Happiness)

5) Lamanai and the New River Safari

6) Snorkeling and Swimming With the Stingrays

7) Irish Coffee On Fire

8) Swim With the Dolphins

All the best,

chesterh

Archived