Booking number???

Quote:

Originally Posted by louisianagirl07 viewpost.gif

Does the booking number come with the cruise documents??? When do we get the booking number?

it's assigned immediately upon deposit.

Actually, it is assigned as soon as a reservation is held and confirmed whether or not a deposit has been placed on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by louisianagirl07 viewpost.gif

Does the booking number come with the cruise documents??? When do we get the booking number?

Actually, it is assigned as soon as a reservation is held and confirmed whether or not a deposit has been placed on it.

hi joe. how have ya been? of course you are right. i didn't even think to mention that b/c unless you are booking w/ a TA you can't independently hold a cabin. you have to deposit it.

Hey all...I am trying to confirm my cabin number with Carnival on their website (that Kelly method or whatever it's called)....we received an upgrade a few weeks back and neither the original or upgrade are showing as accurate with the booking number. Do you know how late I can check on this and still have it tell me??? Or, will it not since I booked through a TA?

Hey all...I am trying to confirm my cabin number with Carnival on their website (that Kelly method or whatever it's called)....we received an upgrade a few weeks back and neither the original or upgrade are showing as accurate with the booking number. Do you know how late I can check on this and still have it tell me??? Or, will it not since I booked through a TA?

how close are you to sailing? i only booked a guaranty once -- for a cat 12 b/c i knew whatever cabin i wld be assigned wld be only in a small ltd location. when we got close to sailing (b/4 docs arrived), i simply called my TA and asked her if we had gotten a cabin assignment yet. she put me on hold, called carnival, came back on the line and told me my stateroom #. it was very simple. i don't know why everyone goes through the grueling process of trying to find this out in other ways. make the call first, and see if you can get an answer 1,2,3 like i did.

We leave this Sunday...and I did contact the TA and was told that our upgraded room is what we are still showing booked as. I guess I am just worrying since it's not showing on their site. I'll stop!

On top of this, we got our docs before the upgrade was granted so the ship tags for our luggage are still color coded to the original deck. I know I can still use these and input the new cabin number, just wondering if anyone has had to do this before and if their luggage was delayed getting to their cabin as a result. I would think when unloading them, they look at the color coded tags rather than the cabin numbers....maybe I am wrong....maybe I should quit worrying about all of this!!

We leave this Sunday...and I did contact the TA and was told that our upgraded room is what we are still showing booked as. I guess I am just worrying since it's not showing on their site. I'll stop!

On top of this, we got our docs before the upgrade was granted so the ship tags for our luggage are still color coded to the original deck. I know I can still use these and input the new cabin number, just wondering if anyone has had to do this before and if their luggage was delayed getting to their cabin as a result. I would think when unloading them, they look at the color coded tags rather than the cabin numbers....maybe I am wrong....maybe I should quit worrying about all of this!!

sorry. i definitely can't help you w/ this. there are many posters on CC who book guarantys. hopefully someone will see your post and give you some info.

I know I can still use these and input the new cabin number, just wondering if anyone has had to do this before and if their luggage was delayed getting to their cabin as a result. I would think when unloading them, they look at the color coded tags rather than the cabin numbers

Iv heard to throw away those tags and get new luggage tags when you get to the baggage handlers, so your luggage is not delayed.

Do you know how late I can check on this and still have it tell me??? Or, will it not since I booked through a TA?

It will NOT show. Thats how Carnival does it if you booked thru a TA. Your cabin number will never show when you log into your booking. You have to call your TA. Dumb dumb dumb. I had an argument with someone I called for help with their site and he was less than polite about telling me this. Its how Carnival's site is designed.

hi joe. how have ya been? of course you are right. i didn't even think to mention that b/c unless you are booking w/ a TA you can't independently hold a cabin. you have to deposit it.

One more reason to utilize the service of a professional travel agent! ;)

!!

You wont be able to use the Kelly method to find this cabin since you are so close to sailing. those gift pages closed out for you on Tuesday.

Do NOT give your luggage to the porter until you confirm that cabin number- BUT if your agent tells you its there-- trust the agent for now.

Quote:

QUESTION...Can you actually hold a cruise booking without a deposit? I have been told from my PVP that isn't possible?? We were considering a cruise in January 2008 but have to wait to book until we get our tax refunds back...

QUESTION...Can you actually hold a cruise booking without a deposit? I have been told from my PVP that isn't possible?? We were considering a cruise in January 2008 but have to wait to book until we get our tax refunds back...

i've been told by carnival no, but the TAs get to do it, i believe, b/c i once had my TA hold a cabin for my brother while we waited to see if he cld take off from work.

We booked a guaranteed OV & were booked on a lower deck. That is the colored luggage tags that came in the mail to us. In between the docs arriving & the cruise we were upgraded to a balcony on the Upper Deck. Per Carnival they said not to use the original tags sent to us. They told us to wait until we got to the pier & speak with one of the porters. This is what we did. We told him the situation, he pulled out his "roster" that shows all the passengers & their staterooms. From that he found where we had been moved & pulled from a stack of luggage tags the proper ones we needed. He supplied us a Sharpie to fill them out. A trick I have learned from reading here is take some address labels with you. All you have to do is stick it on the tag & write your cabin # & are set. Hope this helps!!

In my past experience our PVP let us do this only if one person had put down their deposit and they would only hold the room for a couple of days. But it is not normal practice to hold a booking with the deposit.

It is one of the perks of using a professional travel agent to book your cruise. Depending on the cruise line and the date of sailing, we can "hold" a cabin for anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks with NO deposit.

Do get the booking number even if you book guarantee???

Yes, no matter how you book, a booking number or confirmation number is generated by the cruise line whether you do an assigned cabin or a guarantee. Some TA's issue their booking number which is not sufficient in my opinion. If you use a TA and they tell you they don't have a cruise line booking number, find a new TA.

We booked a guaranteed OV & were booked on a lower deck. That is the colored luggage tags that came in the mail to us. In between the docs arriving & the cruise we were upgraded to a balcony on the Upper Deck. Per Carnival they said not to use the original tags sent to us. They told us to wait until we got to the pier & speak with one of the porters. This is what we did. We told him the situation, he pulled out his "roster" that shows all the passengers & their staterooms. From that he found where we had been moved & pulled from a stack of luggage tags the proper ones we needed. He supplied us a Sharpie to fill them out. A trick I have learned from reading here is take some address labels with you. All you have to do is stick it on the tag & write your cabin # & are set. Hope this helps!!

This is exactly what happened for us....only, we booked through a TA and have transfers to the ship. If memory serves, they load our bags into a truck at the airport and we ride seperately...so I never see the porters to get new tags. It's too late for me to get new ones (we leave in a few days) so I am going to have to utilize your address label method. Thanks for the information!

OOOps, the correct quote should have been

do you still get a booking # if you book a guarantee.

ANY reservation you should get a booking #, if they dont give you one on the phone, call them back to get it. I had a TA book so she then called Carnival and the booking # was in the email confirmation from Carnival.

A gurantee is a reservation, it just doesnt have a cabin assigned.

Archived