Need the TRAVEL car seat link

crusinmama06

I just contacted the concierge at our Miami hotel and they said that the Private Towncar to the port of Miami (a whole 5 minutes away) would be $121 ONE WAY. :eek:

She said the most economical way is to take a taxi. So, I would hate to lug the full size car seats. I have seen travel ones listed here for older children. They work in taxis.

Anyone remember what they were called?

Would THIS work?

http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?frg=FRG&id=832

Gee thanks!

If you read the reviews, a lot of people have problems installing them. I think it's a good idea to take it out of the box and install it at home before you try to do it in a waiting taxi. I think that's why some don't like it - they try it for the first time in the taxi.. I didn't have a problem, but I have an engineering background.

It fits in my backpack. I can't remember how old your children are - it doesn't give any head or side support like a car seat or full booster. It does give you the five point harness which is good in a crash and will distribute the forces evenly over their torso.

It'll do the job, and saves a lot of hauling.

The product in your original post does the same thing, but also covers the seat. Which may be good in some of the taxi's I've been in - the ones that haven't been cleaned in years!

I'd go by price and portability.

Tote n Go is availble at Target. - you can try it and then decide if you like it.

Safe travels!

Barbara

Michele, I just wanted to let you know that we tried the Tote n Go, but Timmy was too tall for it. He fit the age/weight specs, but he was just too dang long. When we were in Miami last year we used Blue Sea Car Service. Our driver was Nildo. I think we paid about $75 for the three of us, but that was all the way from Coral Gables to the port. Their number is 305-244-8424. You might want to call for a quote. Nildo was right on time and we will use their service the next time we go to Miami.

Michele, I just wanted to let you know that we tried the Tote n Go, but Timmy was too tall for it. He fit the age/weight specs, but he was just too dang long. When we were in Miami last year we used Blue Sea Car Service. Our driver was Nildo. I think we paid about $75 for the three of us, but that was all the way from Coral Gables to the port. Their number is 305-244-8424. You might want to call for a quote. Nildo was right on time and we will use their service the next time we go to Miami.

THANK YOU! I will keep that service in mind.

My daughter will be 3 in a few weeks and she is 36" and 25lbs. So she is a runt and might fit in the seat.

bmgaritty - I trust your opinion on it so I am going to get it. I have looked at our target and they dont have the tote and go so I just ordered the EB one online. I need to move on this cause we are leaving next month. :eek:

THANKS!

I'm thinking of buying one for my 2 year old DD before my December cruise. Please let us know if you liked it.

It's harder to get then I thought. Most sites say they are on backorder...I ordered from one that said it was available only to find out it was on backorder too.

So I'll let you know if I ever get it. :rolleyes:

Michelle,

This is often cited as a better option and prefered by safety techs. You don't have to buy it from this site. Simply google "ride safer travel vest" and you'll get a big old list.

http://www.travelingwithkids.com/product_info.php/pName/ride-safer-travel-vest

hth,

Sharon

I looked at that one but my 3 year old is only 25lbs and the minimum lbs, even for the small size is 35lbs.

But thanks I'll save the link for when she's bigger.

Archived