Norfolk Port, is the Half Moon center still expected to open in March?

Wichard20

Hello,

I will be cruising from Norfolk in June, is the half moon center open now or soon will be? I understand the current situation is pretty slow and you do a lot of waiting outside in the sun. With the new center do you still board ships outside or access the ships from inside?

Thanks,

Rich

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is official. The first RCCL left the new terminal yesterday. It was all over the news. Quite an impressive sight. I work in downtown Norfolk and have watched the progress over the last 2 years. Here is a link to a news cast on the success of the first sailing.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=123730&ran=213385

Now if they would only get some other cruise lines to jump onboard. We hate just having the Bermuda and Bahama itineraries and only being limited to Carnival and RCCL.

Tiyana I agree, I was shocked to see on the news this evening about RCCI dep. from Norfolk, it would be nice if they offered other Inten. I am still a bit of a fraidy cat when it come to going anywhere near Bermuda :o I will however make the best of my "Cruise to Nowhere" in Oct. Just think of the $$$ we could save by departing from Norfolk with no airfare!!??

• 6 months later...

I have been watching the 2008 schedules from Half Moon Cruise Terminal in Norfolk and I have to say I am very disappointed that there are still only 2 lines on board for next year. The same RCCL ships with the same high prices & the same, sad Carnival Victory itineraries with 2 to Nowhere and 2 to the Bahamas; which they have been doing for years.

After spending $36 million to build and 2 years in the making, this cruise terminal does not benefit me at all as a local. I am still flying to Florida or New York to cruise cheaper (air included) than I can cruise from my own backyard! There was a petition going around at some point to get enough signatures to present to Princess - not sure if it was on CC or locally. It would be so nice to have other lines coming to the area, if only for a season.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Archived