In a word or 2..traffic in NYC 4/22/23/24

trvlexprt

What do you all think traffic and general area in and around the Ship Terminal will be like on Thur. and Friday this week.

I am very concerned that it will be worse than last May during Fleet week and Norwegian Day in the city,

It took me 3 hours from the corner of 12th and 42nd to get into the pier entrance at 12th and 55th.

any suggestions on a drop point that I could walk from?

Thanks

Carol

Legend to Bermuda - 4/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;4;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm going into the city on Thursday morning to see the QM2 sail in. I'm also booked on the QM2 on Sunday(can't wait) I'm coming in from CT, my plan is to go down to the World Finincial Center and view the arrival from the Promenade down there. I was told to avoid the Passenger ship terminal area that day, and only ticketed passengers can park on the roof. Also told that when my family drops me off on Sunday they can't hang around. I guess security is going to really tight. I'm not sure what to expect as far as the crowd is going to be? Everytime the ship arrived or departed it was a fanfare. I would think it 's going to be the same in NY, especially since the NY Times had that big pull out in the paper Sunday telling where and what time to view the QM2. Since I have to Leave my home about 3:30 am to get into the city about 5:30 am I want to get a good spot.

J.P.

Best of luck with the terminal on Sunday. You actually are looking at the QE2 the QM2 and the NCL Dawn all sailing out on the same day. We went out of the port last Fall. And to beat the traffic. We parked in Weehawken and took the Weehawken Ferry across. From there it was a two block stroll to the Port with no worries about traffic.

NCL Dawn 11/02/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2003;11;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The pull out in the Sunday times was actually a Cunard advertisement, so Cunard has no one but themselves to blame for masses of people arriving. The article went on about the arrival of the Queen Mary years ago and how it made everything stand still in the city.

Archived