water shoes

RNTMO95

Hi All.... Just getting ready for our cruise!! I'm wondering do most people need to have "water shoes", the kind that you wear in the water and sand? We hope to go boat snorkleing and maybe just do some goofing off on the beach as well. Don't want to spend the extra $$ or pack them if not necessary.

Also..How many people actually bring their own snorkle gear? We would have to also buy those things before leaving home......I'm thinkin' it would be kinda gross to use a snorkle that has been marinating in someone else's mouth juices!! :D

Thanks!

Hi All.... Just getting ready for our cruise!! I'm wondering do most people need to have "water shoes", the kind that you wear in the water and sand? We hope to go boat snorkleing and maybe just do some goofing off on the beach as well. Don't want to spend the extra $$ or pack them if not necessary.

Also..How many people actually bring their own snorkle gear? We would have to also buy those things before leaving home......I'm thinkin' it would be kinda gross to use a snorkle that has been marinating in someone else's mouth juices!! :D

Thanks!

our watershoes all the time in ports as we always ended up in the water and on land ;) Even the boyz, 17 & 18 wore theirs and this would be a NO NO were we live! :D Highly suggest them and they weigh nothing to put in your luggage

I'm thinkin' it would be kinda gross to use a snorkle that has been marinating in someone else's mouth juices!!

When I was planning my cruise to the Bahamas 2 years ago, someone was trying to tell us that we could just dip the snorkel gear in the water and it would be fine. LOL!!!! Uh yeah ok, you go ahead and do that. I plan on bringing my own mask and snorkle but will rent fins and vest.

Sorry don't know about the water shoes as I'm wondering about those myself.

The only time I use water shoes here is when I am doing some shore snorkeling - the entry is sometimes rocky - other than that you don't really need them. I of course wear normal shoes or flip flops on a boat or on land - I would think that wearing "wet" water shoes once you are on land would be uncomfortable.... maybe it's just me.

I would bring a snorkle along, although most establishments will do more than just rinse the snorkle gear.

What about these strap on sandals? Would they work as water shoes? I've never had to have water shoes before. I came across a great deal on these so I bought them.SHOES_ISEC1022128.JPG

Were did you find them? As long as they are waterproof and won't stretch out on you, great! Sometimes if they get wet they lose shape and fall apart ... still love them!

Hello -

I understand the importance of water shoes and rocky shorelines.

Here is the question, if you wear the water shoes to get out past the rocks but when you need to put your fins on, what do you do? Our water shoes have the rubber soles that will not fit inside the fins.

I can not imagine walking over and thru the rocks with the fins on.......

Mike

Were did you find them? As long as they are waterproof and won't stretch out on you, great! Sometimes if they get wet they lose shape and fall apart ... still love them!

I actually found them at my favorite resale shop. They were putting out their spring stuff. They don't even look like they have ever been worn. I got them for $2!!!!!:D

Has anyone tried these water shoes from LandEnd? They say can be worn in the water and sand and that they dry quickly. But I just see sand getting trapped in them very easily. http://www.landsend.com/pp/SolidMeshWaterShoes-74523_163935_1055.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_74522&sid=4745186464256195090

Mainly to do Dunn's River Falls, but I plan on trying them out at the beach while I'm at it. :) I can see hoe sand may get trapped in them, but probably less than the amount that would get scooped up in the toes while walking in the sand in open-toed water sandals. ??? The women on the Fashion board RAVE about them. ???

I bought my DH & myself each a pair last year before our Alaska cruise thinking we would need quick-drying shoes if we hit rain. The weather was marvelouse and we never wore them but will most likely pack them for our cruise next March.

Mainly to do Dunn's River Falls, but I plan on trying them out at the beach while I'm at it. :) I can see hoe sand may get trapped in them, but probably less than the amount that would get scooped up in the toes while walking in the sand in open-toed water sandals. ??? The women on the Fashion board RAVE about them. ???

How do I find the fashion board? :o

Guest KimberlyB

BethCarp, those are the *best* water shoes I have found. I bought a pair for my daughter (she's 6) last year and after seeing them in action, ordered myself a pair. They are comfy, easy to put on/take off even when soaking wet, and they actually keep the sand out very well. They also dry very quickly which is a plus 'cause who likes sloshing around in wet shoes!

Archived