Inside Cabins that are Layed Out the "Opposite" way

Britt23

Can anyone tell me if they have had an inside cabin that runs from the front of the ship to the back instead of from the left to right? We are considering an inside stateroom with a different than 'normal' orientation. Not quite sure how to explain this but I'm sure there is someone out there who knows what I mean.

How are these rooms layed out? Is the door in the middle? Are the larger than other inside rooms?

From the rooms we have had and (our daughters), they have been arranged differently - especially the inside rooms. Our daughters have had inside rooms and some go the direction on the ship (north-south) and some go east west. Does that answer your question?

I was excited to see your post, because we just booked the same type of cabin and I was wondering the same thing....unfortunately there don't seem to be any answers out there...

Most cabins run parallel to the outside ocean view rooms, but these are a grouping of a row of 5 - 7 cabins that run side to side. (That is what you are referring to , isn't it?)

Does that make any more sense to anyone??.

I'd like to hear from others too.

We booked a cabin with this layout which seemed to have a much better layout from the inside....absolutely loved it. It was on the Mercury. The only drawback, we were on deck 8 next to Michael's Club, was the noise from having the white space below us. Seems as though their was a room service pantry below and those crew members got up so early to get things in place....I mean 3 AM early. The layout was fabolous, however. Just make sure there is a cabin above and below to get the most enjoyment out of it.

Hi there, what might help? Which ship and cabin are you thinking about booking?> If you supply that info we can check out a deck plan and help you out.

that is true-- it will help- On carnival there is a difference between a 4A and a 1A-- which are sometimes sideway cabins

catmand - good suggestion.

Ship is NCL Gem - Room # 8083 There are rooms above. A Chinese food restaurant below. I am hoping this isn't a problem. We may upgrade, but the rates are going higher all the time. I would have to win the lottery.

Thanks

Archived