~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

I but I agree with most, that people should be able to bring a reasonable amount of non alcoholic beverages on board. By reasonable I mean a 12 pack or 2 depending on the length of cruise.

Can we still bring wine on board or do we have to pay 3 times the price for their substandard wines?

I only bring 1 pk pack of Pepsi on board, or should i say, i used to bring only 1.

You can still bring wine or champagne but it has been changed to 1 bottle per passenger.

Carnival's new policy is one bottle of wine or champagne per adult.

Say it isn't so. I brought 4 bottles on my last 7 day cruise. AAAGGGGGGHHHH! And now I can only bring 2! And think, this time I was going to bring 5! I'm gonna have to pay $30 bucks for a $12 bottle of Mondavi. Yikes!

Pop and bottled (if you must) water is available in every room on every ship, on top of that there is room service. I'm sorry but that is just a weak excuse.

I've never used the stuff in the rooms, are those drinks the same price as the ones served on deck?

And I actually kind of like the idea of bringing on a small cooler and then getting drinks to fill it for sitting out on the balcony. OK, call me lazy but I just don't feel like getting up from a wonderful view sometimes.

Plain and simple - don't like Coke - never have. Sure I can do without but why should I if I'm willing to drag it on.

I agree - if they start serving all brands then no problem - but I don't see that happening because of storge limitations. It has nothing to do with being cheap. I buy soda cards and drink tickets for the kids - they will drink that stuff but I don't - pure battery acid in my stomache.

As stated in the booklet, 'things to know before you cruise', received with our docs 3/3/07,

Liquor Policy

" We are sorry, but guests are prohibited from bringing any alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard the ship.Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops or in foreign ports will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.However, if you will be celebrating a special occasion while on board, fine wine or champagne may be brought on board at the beginning of the cruise only. A US$10 per bottle corkage fee will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine in the dining room. You may also purchase mixed drinks and other beverages from any ship's bar and lounges. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is complete."

:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As stated in the booklet, 'things to know before you cruise', received with our docs 3/3/07,

Liquor Policy

" We are sorry, but guests are prohibited from bringing any alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard the ship.Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops or in foreign ports will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.However, if you will be celebrating a special occasion while on board, fine wine or champagne may be brought on board at the beginning of the cruise only. A US$10 per bottle corkage fee will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine in the dining room. You may also purchase mixed drinks and other beverages from any ship's bar and lounges. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is complete."

:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The new policy is effective 03/27/07.

The new policy is effective 03/27/07.

And here it is, notice the wine amount has been changed.

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation

Pop and bottled (if you must) water is available in every room on every ship, on top of that there is room service. I'm sorry but that is just a weak excuse.

Wasn't looking for an excuse.....When I brought my water and pop on board it wasn't banned..Didn't need and excuse a weak one or a strong one!!

Just telling her why I did it !!

Have a great day,

carla

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1985

March 28, 2007 pixel.gif Carnival Bans Bringing Aboard Nonalcoholic Drinks waterpolicynews.jpg If Cruise Critic was initially skeptical about the motives behind rules banning passengers from bringing their own alcoholic beverages onboard, Carnival's move this week to ban passengers from bringing nonalcoholic drinks onboard has us absolutely confounded.

"What we've been told by our embarkation vice president is that there was abuse of the previous policy," says Carnival's Vance Gulliksen. "That's why the new policy is more restrictive." No additional details were available about the nature of the abuse.

This means that water, juice and soda are as off-limits as vodka, gin and beer.

Folks who require special beverages for medical reasons must bring a note from the doctor in order to bring their drinks onboard.

Carnival's not even the first line to implement such a restriction. In a little noticed policy shift, Royal Caribbean already prohibits bringing nonalcoholic beverages onboard.

Where is this quote from??? I'd like to read the entire article.

Just saw a blurb on the local Baltimore news about "The Flap Over These Flip Flops" featuring the flip flops that someone posted a link to the other day on a "poofed" thread. These are the flip flops that have a built in flask for smuggling. Made it sound like LOTS of travelers use these for smuggling...anything for a story I guess...

We sure are a soda driven nation. Don't touch the stuff, if I drank it like many I know I would go from 118 to 218 in a heartbeat. Carnival has the best lemonade I ever tasted. On Princess, pretty much ice tea over and over and over. For that I need three sugars. I do buy Martinelli's sparkling cider by the case, tho. I'll take a bottle onboard when we cruise in May; probably the "rule" will change again by then.

This is so funny! Can't bring your own water aboard? I would love to meet the genius who came up with the idea of selling something in a bottle that you can get out of the faucet for free. DW and daughter buy bottled water all the time and I wonder why????? Why waste your time smuggling water aboard when you can smuggle rum or vodka with no problem? Been of 5 cruises, and brought aboard enough booze on board to give the whole ship a buzz. Having a hard time taking this thread seriously.

I really think that was uncalled for! I fly Southwest Airlines all the time and cannot think of a better airline. In fact I just got back from a trip to California last night and had a wonderful (often arriving early--never late!!) time. No, I do not work for Southwest or Carnival and enjoy them both. Yes, they both sell alcohol with a profit. They're not in the business to lose money. Don't like it, cruise another line and fly another airline. Nuff said!![/

Trust me I do. Continental, Singapore and cruise on Crystal. Nuf said.:cool:

If you remember Carnival tried this "new policy" a couple of years ago and quickly backed off.

Also just off RCI, 2 bottles of water with the 15% tip was over $8.00. The price is not reasonable.

Hopefully if we stick together, we can stop Carnivals nonsense.

Wow, what a ripoff, and way more then Carnival charges.

Wow! At that price, it seems to be more cost effective to just drink foo foo drinks and forget the water. :p

Which is probably why the day after getting back from my cruise I was hospitalized for dehydration! :eek: I didnt consume enough, ( if any :confused: ) water on my 3 Night cruise to the Bahamas. I had plenty of foo foo though! ;)

For those of us who really do have to drink a lot of water (6 bottles a day), and sorry, but the tap water on most ships tastes terrible, I have been taking over a case of water on every cruise over the past 4 years. Yes, my DH complains every time, but I can bring on my 36 bottles for $6.00 as opposed to paying $1.00- 1.50 per bottle once on board ($36.00 - $54.00) . I'd rather spend not be running to find bottled water everytime I need it, plus I take several bottles with us when we are off the ship during the day. I have to keep hydrated due to heart issues, but I would rather not ask my cardiologist for a "note" to take on board, THAT seems ridiculous. If Carnival stands by this new policy, I certainly will avoid cruising with them again.

Archived