~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

I brought caffeine-free Coke on board on our last trip-didn't think the ship would have it. When we got on the Conquest, after waiting three hours to board, I saw the soda at the bar. I didn't want to unpack my 12-pack right there on the Lido deck (We couldn't go to our rooms for another hour and I had visions of cans rolling all over the deck) so I went to the bar. Ended up buying a soda card and never opened my 12-pack of soda during the entire cruise. I gave the soda to our cabin steward who seemed happy to accept it. No more carry on for me! Now I have room for my crockpot:D-Just kidding!

While I disagree with the policy ofcourse cuz I plan to smuggle some alch on to my first cruise, I do see why they do it. Its just like my job. You get certain privelages (spell check?) and other people abuse the hell out of it and ruin it for everyone. HAppens all the time............

I drink anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 gallons of water each day, and more then that if I drink alcohol (which I plan on drinking a lot of :) ) how much does watter cost on board, or can I buy some kinds of package on board that will let me get all I want ???

I drink a lot of water too, not that much though.

What I have done is to buy one of those big insulated mugs, like a bubba keg, and take it to the lido deck and fill it with ice and water.

The water on the lido deck seems to have been filtered...I'm not sure, but it was usually drinkable. Except that I wonder about the sodium content.

Something like this. There are other brands, but these are good. They also make one that will fit cup holders which is really nice.

http://www.bubbakeg.com/

I brought caffeine-free Coke on board on our last trip-didn't think the ship would have it. When we got on the Conquest, after waiting three hours to board, I saw the soda at the bar. I didn't want to unpack my 12-pack right there on the Lido deck (We couldn't go to our rooms for another hour and I had visions of cans rolling all over the deck) so I went to the bar. Ended up buying a soda card and never opened my 12-pack of soda during the entire cruise. I gave the soda to our cabin steward who seemed happy to accept it. No more carry on for me! Now I have room for my crockpot:D-Just kidding!

How much did you pay for your soda card?

I wish you could purchase a case of water onboard the same way you can do the bottle service. Wouldn't that be nice? Even if it cost $10 or $15 (300% mark up) I would do it....

I'd do that too - would make my luggage a lot lighter. But, it couldn't be JUST Aquafina! lol...

We were considering the Elation out of San Diego later this year.

We will not be cruise with Carnival if they enforce the no water/soda ban. So until we are convinced that you can bring on small quanities of water or soda we will wait or book with RCI which does not enforce the ban.

I have never understood why some folks insist on doing stuff that CCL says not to. I realize that a cruise is an expensive proposition, but for cryin' out loud, is it that big of a deal to just follow the rules? Just the same kind of folks that hog deck chairs and don't supervise their kids, I guess.:rolleyes:

I have never understood why some folks insist on doing stuff that CCL says not to. I realize that a cruise is an expensive proposition, but for cryin' out loud, is it that big of a deal to just follow the rules? Just the same kind of folks that hog deck chairs and don't supervise their kids, I guess.:rolleyes:

That's a major generalization. That would be like me saying, anyone who doesn't smuggle is boring and uptight. It may or may not be true.. Besides, I would like to know why you care. Chair hogs and unsupervised kids is a reason to complain. Those things could have a negative impact on your vacation. But what does someone bringing some drinks on board have to do with you? It's funny, everyone flames the smugglers. Who we should be angry at are the ones who, before the new policy, rolled up with two cases of coke duct taped together with a luggage tag attached. They are the reason we are talking about this at all.

I have never understood why some folks insist on doing stuff that CCL says not to. I realize that a cruise is an expensive proposition, but for cryin' out loud, is it that big of a deal to just follow the rules. . .

I think that for most people it's a matter of principle, not money. If you remember your history, Americans have always enjoyed something called "Personal Freedom." For most of us, this is a really petty invasion of those freedom's, we just don't like being told what we can and can't do.

I can certainly afford the $3.50 for the water, $1.50 for the soda and $8.00 for the martini - I just don't like being told I can't bring my own. If I'm in a bar and I want a drink I'll order it. If I'm on my balcony and I want a drink, I paid my money to be there and I want my drink NOW. Sure, it's petty - so is insisting on Coke instead of Pepsi, or Sprite instead of 7-Up, or Shweppes instead of Canada Dry. In the US, the freedom of choice is as important as what we choose.

Go ahead and flame me - and be thankful you live in a country where you have the Freedom to do it.

Quote "Americans have always enjoyed something called "Personal Freedom." For most of us, this is a really petty invasion of those freedom's, we just don't like being told what we can and can't do."

Excuse me but it's their ship. Don't like their rules? You have the "freedom" to not sail with that cruise line. When they run out of bookings, I guess they'll change their business plan.

In my company, you can't surf the web or listen to an ipod during work hours, eat at your desk, carry a weapon, smoke on the property or use drugs, dress appropriately for a business environment and I expect you to show up for work on time...each day. I guess I'm infringing on my employee's "personal freedoms"?

Quote "In my company, you can't surf the web or listen to an ipod during work hours, eat at your desk, carry a weapon, smoke on the property or use drugs, dress appropriately for a business environment and I expect you to show up for work on time...each day. I guess I'm infringing on my employee's "personal freedoms"?

I'd agree with you on the web surfing, ipod, weapons & dress, but the drugs policy's gotta go ...:)

Quote "Americans have always enjoyed something called "Personal Freedom." For most of us, this is a really petty invasion of those freedom's, we just don't like being told what we can and can't do."

Excuse me but it's their ship. Don't like their rules? You have the "freedom" to not sail with that cruise line. When they run out of bookings, I guess they'll change their business plan.

In my company, you can't surf the web or listen to an ipod during work hours, eat at your desk, carry a weapon, smoke on the property or use drugs, dress appropriately for a business environment and I expect you to show up for work on time...each day. I guess I'm infringing on my employee's "personal freedoms"?

The difference is we don't work for Carnival, so we won't lose our jobs if we break the rules. Furthermore, the rules aren't enforced and there's no penalty if you get caught breaking them, except maybe you're out $15 for the bottle of rum. So this analogy really doesn't work.

why doesn't Carnival fire the crew for not enforcing chair hog "rules", or dining room attire "rules"?.

beacuse they're not really rules, they're more like guidelines.

Guest kookylabooka
I think that for most people it's a matter of principle, not money. If you remember your history, Americans have always enjoyed something called "Personal Freedom." For most of us, this is a really petty invasion of those freedom's, we just don't like being told what we can and can't do.

I can certainly afford the $3.50 for the water, $1.50 for the soda and $8.00 for the martini - I just don't like being told I can't bring my own. If I'm in a bar and I want a drink I'll order it. If I'm on my balcony and I want a drink, I paid my money to be there and I want my drink NOW. Sure, it's petty - so is insisting on Coke instead of Pepsi, or Sprite instead of 7-Up, or Shweppes instead of Canada Dry. In the US, the freedom of choice is as important as what we choose.

Go ahead and flame me - and be thankful you live in a country where you have the Freedom to do it.

Remember one thing. The cruise ship is private property and upon entering you are subject to their rules and regulations. It is no different than being in any other kind of business ( store,amusement park,etc ) If you disagree then do not enter private property.

Remember one thing. The cruise ship is private property and upon entering you are subject to their rules and regulations.If you disagree then do not enter private property.

LOL, ridiculous. Carnival is way more laid back than this:rolleyes: .

Guest kookylabooka
LOL, ridiculous. Carnival is way more laid back than this:rolleyes: .

What is so funny about something which is a fact of law ?

What is so funny about something which is a fact of law ?

again, LOL. are you this black and white in your real life? you gould use a little gray.;)

seriously, i thought you were trying to be funny.

Remember one thing. The cruise ship is private property and upon entering you are subject to their rules and regulations. It is no different than being in any other kind of business ( store,amusement park,etc ) If you disagree then do not enter private property.

I've never spent 8days/7nights in a store,amusement park,etc... Have you?

The six flags park I go to allows water to be taken in. You can also exit and enter as you please after paying admission. I see many in parking lot eating and drinking things they had in a cooler in car. I don't think this makes them cheap. Do that a couple of times and the money saved means a third trip to the park. Just my 2 cents.

Peace out!:cool:

Wouldn't it be nice if this were also true inside the United States? What a concept! Business owners setting their own smoking policies and if you disagree, then do not enter the private property. Apparently plenty of people here think its their right to pass laws telling those owners what they can and can't do. :rolleyes:

All this controversy keeps bringing to mind my kids.

Any of you that have kids have more than likely experienced this scenerio with them:

You're getting ready to go out for dinner to a restaurant, grandma's or where ever. You have your child with you...the child is anywhere from age 2 to 7.

You get to grandma's or restaurant and the child is asked a question.

"Do you want carrots?"

happy child who LOVES carrots says, "yes please!" (because your child has good manners ;) )

Grandma or waitress brings plate with assorted foods including the carrots.

Child's happy expression turns to trembling lip and he/ she starts to cry, "THESE AREN'T LIKE MY MOMMY'S CARROTS!"

After a few episodes like this on different occasions, you finally get it through your child's head that NOT everything is like it is at home. Sometimes you gotta suck it up and eat other people's carrots. It ain't gonna kill you.

All this soda/water 'brand' drama makes me feel like I'm reading posts from disgruntled children who can't suck it up and drink a differnt brand of beverage for a week.

I'm sorry but this is how it all sounds to me.

This whole thing is just CC'ers over reacting to something posted on Carnivals website.

The policy IS NOT being enforced. Even hard sided coolers full of beverages were allowed on.

Totally agree....We boarded the Liberty March 31st with a duffle bag filled with 3 six pack of Diet Coke bottles, 1 six pack of Sprite and an entire case of Water. The bag made it to our cabin with no problem. The room steward emptied out the refridgerator for us and kept the ice bucket filled.

Even in the dining room, the Asst Waitress had 3 glasses filled with ice ready for us every night knowing that we would be showing up with our own bottles of soda...

So, whether right or not, legal or not, at least last week, was not a problem bringing our own soda onboard.

Archived