~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

Why wait for the ship??? I mean, go out now, find the most beautiful bartender and order the drink with a smile. You'll not regret any of this experience. :D

Not only do I have to be at work in 4 hours, I think that the Slap will come from Wendy :eek:

Fred

Not only do I have to be at work in 4 hours, I think that the Slap will come from Wendy :eek:

Fred

Okay the work part I understand but you can order one for Wendy too. She'll love you more for it.

I think Carnival will reverse this policy before long and allow us to bring on a reasonable quantity of water. They will, of course, charge us a $10 fee for uncapping if we wish to consume the water in the dining room, or a $14 fee if in the supper club. Instead of a corkage fee this will be called a cappage fee.

If they don't reverse the policy, I plan to jump from my balcony and swim to shore to get some water.:D

I think Carnival will reverse this policy before long and allow us to bring on a reasonable quantity of water. They will, of course, charge us a $10 fee for uncapping if we wish to consume the water in the dining room, or a $14 fee if in the supper club. Instead of a corkage fee this will be called a cappage fee.

If they don't reverse the policy, I plan to jump from my balcony and swim to shore to get some water.:D

No need to jump, there is no prohibition against a bucket and rope. ;)

No need to jump, there is no prohibition against a bucket and rope. ;)

You could always just bring extra long straws and drik straight from the Ocean which would also save a ton of money and complete your sodium intake for the day!!:)

As for jumping....that might explain all the overages lately. I mean how else could you explain jumping or falling off a boat that has four feet high rails (other than that alcohol explaination..) It has to be because they were very thirsty and couldnt smuggle on water!!:)

This is an email sent by my Carnival Rep this morning....So there is a change after all!

Cute thing is that she is going on a cruise next week and is fretting about it too. I teased her that she could always pack and say she forgot...hehehe

My supervisor JUST found this out, and sent it to us.

New Liquor and Beverage Policy

Effective immediately (3/27/07), guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

It's usually a screw cap so I think it'd be called a screwing fee.

At security they will have a bongo board for all passengers to stand on and if the gurgle from hidden drinks they will be strip searched. They will also shake the luggage to see if there are liquids inside and then require you to go to security with the 2000 other passengers with a bottle in the suitcase that make the sound. My suggestion is to pack your luggage with at least 100 lbs of anything so if they try to shake it they will shake their b---- off!

Cruising is such fun I can't wait to see the latest idiocy from management to agrivate the paying passenger. Let's see they can raise the prices on all drinks, alcoholic or virgin. $10 for a scotch, $5 for a coke, and when they sell the water as you get off at each port they can add a $2 deposit so you will have to return it and then they can fill it with the ship's water.

Does coke, vodka, water and shampoo all gurgle the same?

If Carnival or any other cruise line had a reasonable price for bottled water this would be a nonissue

If companies realized we buy soft drinks for kids at 3$ a 12 pack they would realize that their soda fountain card is a REAL RIP oFF on Rccl it's 28 $ on others you are restricted to the number of drinks

HELLO OUT THERE CRUISE COMPANIES stop trying to milk us for every little penny

Your drinks are watered down at best and at a premium price Be fair and no one would need to smuggle anything

I am rethinking my summer cruise with Carnival

I always bought my kids their POP before boarding now we will not be able to

WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!!!!

If companies realized we buy soft drinks for kids at 3$ a 12 pack they would realize that their soda fountain card is a REAL RIP oFF on Rccl it's 28 $ on others you are restricted to the number of drinks

HELLO OUT THERE CRUISE COMPANIES stop trying to milk us for every little penny

Your drinks are watered down at best and at a premium price Be fair and no one would need to smuggle anything

I am rethinking my summer cruise with Carnival

I always bought my kids their POP before boarding now we will not be able to

WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!!!!

If you don't feel you are getting value for your money then cancel.

How much is water at la Ronde nowadays?

Have been on cruises on Cunard, Celebrity, and Viking and always brought large bottles of water (NOT booze or soda, which I know are teh money-makers) when returning from wandering around in port on our own. Look forward to seeing how this plays out--didn't see this on the site yet--will look now--Thanks for pointing this out

Well, it looks like the hair care products are going to be the new container to smuggle "water" on board. They can't really ban you from bringing on those things. I think I'll start stocking up on spray gel bottles and such ;) ... I can't live with out my Voss.

Well, it looks like the hair care products are going to be the new container to smuggle "water" on board. They can't really ban you from bringing on those things. I think I'll start stocking up on spray gel bottles and such ;) ... I can't live with out my Voss.

Ships water tastes a lot better then shampoo. Just bring empty drinking bottles and fill them up at any drinking station.

Well, since Carnival added Non-Alcoholic beverages to their not to bring onboard list and updated their Beverage Policy, I guess, we will need to learn new and improved methods on how to get Water Bottles past the Water Bottle Sniffing Dogs.:D

This is new and has never been attempted, extremely dangerous, who will be the first to take a chance??? :confused:

This is new - I haven't seen THAT before! Just so they can make more money on an overpriced bottle of water. I would suggest buying your bottled water in your first port of call - that should not be a problem - heck, we've even purchased a few bottles of beer in Puerto Vallarta and they never heckled us whatsoever - then again, that was on Celebrity and not Carnival.

This is new - I haven't seen THAT before! Just so they can make more money on an overpriced bottle of water. I would suggest buying your bottled water in your first port of call - that should not be a problem - heck, we've even purchased a few bottles of beer in Puerto Vallarta and they never heckled us whatsoever - then again, that was on Celebrity and not Carnival.

For $17.00 there is a water filter that you can fill up on the ship and place in the refigerator. then you just fill your sport bottle:cool: :eek:

Ships water is already purified and free.

Archived