Can you ever talk about cruising too much?

bobbycruiser

nothing too important here, but i booked my eastern caribbean cruise about 2 months ago, and im still 2 months out. and i feel like everyday i try to talk about it and in most cases, its to the same people. i mean they usually talk about it with me but i have a feeling im a bit much with it. lol. i can honestly talk about cruising for hours if not days and never get bored of it. lol. anybody have any stories like this, where u just cant stop talking about cruising? :)

I totally understand that- I'm always planning our next cruise - even if it is just a short one to tide us over ;) We are adopting, and even put our love for cruising in our profile for potential birthmothers :) My friends joke about my talking about cruises all the time - luckily one of my friends used to work on a ship, so I have someone to chat with and not drive the other friends crazy ;)

My DH calls me a "cruise addict" ;) (though of course he's hooked too). We are just starting out on our crusing life, and hope that we'll continue to be able to continue to do one a year (hey - I'll settle for one every other year) as we grow our family.

Too bad that Princess is not going to be out of Galveston anymore, we loved being so close to our favorite line.

yea i will talk about cruising with anyone who will listen. lol. ive talked about it with fishermen, ex-merchant marines, people with upcoming cruises, people who have cruised before and even people who have never been. i just feel like i can not shut up about it, and even more so no wthat my cruise is only 50 days off:)

i will talk about cruising with anyone who will listen. lol. ive talked about it with fishermen, ex-merchant marines, people with upcoming cruises, people who have cruised before and even people who have never been.

That is funny!!! I too try not to bore my friends to death, but it is tough! Even the friends that go on the trip don't want to obssess over it like I do. We are School Psychologists and they give me various "labels" when I can't get off the topic. My own family teases me about my time spent on cruise critic. Participating on your rollcall really helps. I just returned from a cruise last week and our rollcall has more than 2,700 posts! I live on Lake Travis, Maybe I will try your technique and talk to the people at the fishing hole in front of my house;)

Enjoy

Sandy

I too have constant cruisetalk-itis. It drives my girlfriend crazy! I have been on 4 cruises(all with princess) and she has been on 0. We have just recently booked the western caribbean on the grand. I think she will catch on. She always tells me, enough about the cruise and "you should just work for princess".

We talk about it all the time to everyone. In fact, since my sister/husband is going this time, we email back and forth all day at work and then we talk about it every night when we call each other on the phone. I have had business folks ask me to help plan their cruises since we tell them so much about them. Never get tired of talking about how wonderful it is. I AM READY TO GO!!!!!!

ok my first post did not go through...I love to talk about my cruises...too much I guess...Good thing I have these forums.........Like last Saturday I was at a church retreat...and I heard a noise that sounded like the horn when the shop sets sail..and I said..Guess where I will be next Saturday at this time..and people I barely Knew said..yes we know..you will be on a cruise...geez:eek: Congratulations on the adoption..children are a blessing no matter how you get them....Parenthood is not always smooth sailing..but I would never cancel the trip...Blessings! Laurie

These message boards are my savior! I also talk about crusing with my one friend almost every day! (And anyone else who will listen) I am not going on my next cruise til August, but talking about it and checking the boards helps the time go by faster. I am 25 and love crusing..I will be starting school again in the fall so this cruise in august will be my last for a little while. But what a way to reward yourself when the semesters are done huh? Crusing is simply the best :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as too much cruise conversation!! I never run out of things to talk about or comparisons to make. I have four friends that are taking my advice and sailing on the Star this weekend for their first cruise. They have been calling me with cruise questions for weeks now - just when I thought they must know everything because all I do is talk about cruising it seems. They laughed and said if they enjoy their vacation 1/2 as much as I enjoy chatting about cruising then it will be a huge success!

Thank heavens for these boards. Now I have other cruise fans to chat with instead of driving everyone around me nuts. (Though I will admit that I have made cruise fanatics out of most of my friends as well.)

Archived