Crown D27, D711, D103 anyone ever stay in these cabins?

crissyp

Hi...I was just wondering if anyone ever stayed in any of these cabins..

We have them all booked for a July Cruise...Any pictures, how are the locations from your experience?? Will I be able to walk from D727 to D103

( and how long will it take...hehehe..)

Thanks...

Crissy

Hi Crissyp,

We were on the Crown in December, 2006. We were in Cabin D724. You won't have any problem at all getting to D711 from D727...just a few cabins up the hallway. To get to D103 from D727, well basically you'll be walking almost the whole length of the ship (or the passenger hallway, anyway). What I would suggest you do it take the elevator to Deck 7 Promenade and walk aft to forward on that deck and then take the elevator back to Dolphin. It's a much more pleasant walk on Deck 7 than it is to walk that distance down the (sort of) narrow hallways along the passenger cabins.

I really can't tell you how far it is or how long it will take you. I can tell you that it will take you longer when it's late at night and you're really tired and you've been out in the sun all day. :)

You'll see a big difference between the mini-suites and the inside cabins. Once you've stayed in a mini-suite, you'll always want one. Many people say that the cabin doesn't matter because they're not in it that much. If you have enough space and a nice cabin, I think you tend to be in it more. We'll have our breakfast out on the balcony in the morning. And then in the late afternoon we'll sit out and have a couple of cocktails before getting ready for dinner. It's nice to have the sofa area to relax and watch a little TV too. And, we love having a full bath. I think that is the biggest difference you're going to notice. Of course, these are just "my" opinions.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise! Try the chocolate chip cookies in the Piazza. You'll be addicted. :D

Bon voyage,

Deanna

No problem Crissy. I was telling my brother about this post on Friday during dinner. He has been cruising with me and my mom on our past two cruises so he can relate to this story. When I told him of our situation, he said "Oh God, tell the people in D103 to move closer to the other people." hahaha!

Have a great time. I bet you can't wait for July to get here!

-Deanna

hill6....Hi there...met you over at our roll call....our cabin and my sons and his friend are the aft cabins...the one ALL THE WAY forward is the 4 - 19 yr old girls...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing:rolleyes: Some of their parents will be on board too, so I really have to worry about of them;) .. Talk to you over at our roll call about the girls meeting up if you'd like.

Mirage...thanks for the info on the LONG walk...hehehe...with 4 girls in an inside I'm sure my daughter will be storing some of things in my mini..so she'll be doing more of the LONG walk then me:D

As has been said, the cabins are on opposite ends of the ship -- a long walk. Considering the ship is over 900 ft long, they're probably at least 600 ft apart: 2 football fields. However, you'll love the minisuite. Here's a picture of mine on the Golden last month:

minisuite.jpg

Hi Crissyp,

We were on the Crown in December, 2006. We were in Cabin D724. Deanna

Hi Deanna:

We're taking our first cruise in January 2008 and have booked Cabin D724..I'd really appreciate any information about the room....did you like it? Is the balcony covered? Any noise issues? Any information or picures would be greatly appreciated. We are really looking forward to the cruise.

Thanks

Linda

Hi Linda,

I am soooo jealous! You're staying in the very same cabin that we stayed in during our cruise aboard Crown in December of 2006. I cannot remember if I took pictures of this cabin specifically because this was our third stay in a mini-suite. It is almost exactly like the pics that someone posted in this thread except that now there are flat panel LCD TVs instead of the one shown. You can't see it from the pic but there is a 2nd TV just on the other side of the shelving (in the sitting area). It's nice to have that extra bit of storage too. There are shelves under the counter so my brother (the 3rd passenger in our mini-suite) stacked his nicely folded clothes right on there for the week. The extra space helped to keep our cabin neat and clutter-free.

We like to enjoy the time in our cabin, especially on the balcony. Since the elevator to the buffet is was in close proximity to our cabin, we would go up and get fresh fruit and cereal for breakfast and bring it back down so that we could enjoy breakfast on our balcony with our freshly made coffee (beans brought from home).

We like a port side, aft cabin since we are pool people and like to have quick access to the pool area. We request port side because we enjoy sitting on the balcony watching the goings-on of the pier and port.

I can give you a bunch more tips on sailing with Princess and about the mini-suite in general. I don't know if they would be actual tips or more like "facts".

The balconies on the Dolphin deck are not covered and people can look down and see you. We like the sun so we like the uncovered balcony. Sometimes you can hear the band playing on the pool deck if you are sitting out on the balcony. Other than that, we didn't hear much noise from inside the cabin.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

It would be cool if us fellow Cruise Critic members could leave something behind in the cabin as "mark" that we'd been there and then the next person from CC to stay there could find it....but you wouldn't want to leave any sort of permanent mark in the cabin.

Enjoy Every Minute!!!

-Deanna

200711261400_22.gif

Thanks so much for the information on cabin D724 Deanna. It sounds like you had a great time, and from your description I know we are going to love the room. This is our first cruise and I sure wish we didn't have to wait so long. It so great to be able to come in here and get information so easily. Thanks again, and maybe we'll meet at sea sometime.

Linda

End1946

I have two albums of Crown Princess pictures posted with lots of pictures of our minisuite D503. This is exactly what your room will look like the only difference is location on the deck.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hill6

The pictures are great...looks like we made a great choice by booking the minisuite. Thanks for posting the link. I am really looking forward to this cruise. Thanks again.

Linda

Archived