Question aout Aft Room 9258 on Brilliance

We have been able to get an Aft room on the Brilliance. We have wondered about the aft rooms in the past and am glad we were able to secure one. Can anyone tell us about the balcony area? Is it covered? Totally open? Worht the walk from the end of the ship? Any positives or negatives we should be aware of before we make a final decision.

Thank You

Sue

We have been able to get an Aft room on the Brilliance. We have wondered about the aft rooms in the past and am glad we were able to secure one. Can anyone tell us about the balcony area? Is it covered? Totally open? Worht the walk from the end of the ship? Any positives or negatives we should be aware of before we make a final decision.

Thank Yo

Sue

I am in the room next door 9260 on next weeks sailing. The balconies are huge and it has been posted on here that they are 10 x 14, though not sure if it is accurate. I actually switched sailings to get this room. Not sure what itinerary you are on but I wanted this specific room because we are doing the Panama and I wanted to watch the lock doors close behind us and the water rush in. Yes it is a walk but it is a great way to work off the calories!:D The balcony is partially covered here is a great picture

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i55/tyrsam/aftwcabins.jpg

Expect your balcony to be about 3X bigger than standard size. It will be mostly shaded and private. People above won't be able to see you unless you are standing by the rail. There is room for two lounge chairs, two regular chairs, and a small table. The aft balconies are much less windy.

You do have to walk to get to the elevator, but that is not different from staying in a hotel room that is at the end of the hallway. It shouldn't be an issue for anybody unless they are very old, or have serious mobility problems.

I would stay in an aft balcony every time. I can't think of any disadvantages.

Just off the Brilliance. We were in 9256 and my sister was in 9258. As was mentioned the balconey is terrific. It has the two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table. It is probably 2/3rds covered but you will get full sun at times depending on the ship's direction. It's nicely protected from the wind. You will love it and it's well worth the long walk except at the end of a very long day:)

You can't go wrong, the view and balcony are awesome. We stayed in our cabin going through, ordered room service and just enjoyed the morning. On the way back through we went to the bow. It wasn't as crowded in the afternoon, but it was hot. Enjoy your cruise. I'd do this one again in a heartbeat.

Here's a view from our aft cabin... we were in 9658

Karen

DSC00174.jpg.7a89538fad961d34412335f2f4eaeee4.jpg

Thank you all for the information. We are excited!! We usually go on Celebrity Millennium Class ships and love them. Have been on Royal several times as well. The Dec cruise was all booked and we got the last room in the hole of the ship. Since we always book balconies we decided to look at a cruise after the holidays which would get my husband back to the university on time. My great TA found me this cabin.

We are thrilled. We will be on the Southern Caribbean which works well for us as we used to live in FL and the weather is much warmer the farther south you go.

Thank you all for your responses.

Sue

Archived