Passports - who know when I will see it now!

clm101798

Passport was sent via Fed Ex from SF passport office

GUESS WHAT

FED EX DELIVERED TO THE WRONG ADDRESS 5 DAYS AGO!

But they were kind enough to tell me they would refund my shipping costs!

OK - their computer has the right address - yet the deliver to the wrong one, AND WHY the hell would the neighbor up the street hold onto my package - are people decent anymore - wouldn't you see the address and walk it down and across the street for the neighbor?

I want to cry!

walk up to that neighbor's door, ask them to turn around and swiftly kick him/her in the a$$!

So, can we all file a class action suit against the passport agency for waste of money and missed trips? :)

AND WHY the hell would the neighbor up the street hold onto my package - are people decent anymore - wouldn't you see the address and walk it down and across the street for the neighbor?

No. I certainly wouldn't sign for a Fed Ex package for someone without their permission... especially a package from the government! I doubt they'd let me.

They left it at the door step

The Fed Ex rep was so rude to, "After 5 days I doubt the package is still there, you should have called sooner"

UM, the US government sent it when they felt like it, they did not notify me when it was sent or even how it was sent, and I'm suppose to notify you when it doesn't show up? Because I know it was even sent.:confused:

NO you guys are suppose to get a signature AND deliver it to the correct address!:mad:

I'd cry but I'm at work

It's nice to know that you have enough money for several cruises, but yet you won't pay money to support your child. Have you paid ALL the money you owe to your child or only enough so that you can continue to take cruises and vacations? How many thousands of dollars are you keeping from your child so that you can visit Mexico, Spain, and Portugal? Oh and what a consolation prize if your passport doesn't arrive in time for your European jaunt - a Hawaiian cruise. Are you taking your child with you?

Is it really any of your damn business?

On a whim I decided yesterday to e-mail my congressman(never done anything like this in my life!) and got a response! And phone calls from two different people! They e-mailed me a form to fill out and fax back, kind of like a release or something. They said they were going to call the passport office in SF and find out where my passport is. They said that others in our same boat, as it were, didn't get theirs in time, even with the congressman's office calling, and MISSED THEIR TRIPS.

So, it's worth a try, anyway. We'll see what happens.

On a whim I decided yesterday to e-mail my congressman(never done anything like this in my life!) and got a response! And phone calls from two different people! They e-mailed me a form to fill out and fax back, kind of like a release or something. They said they were going to call the passport office in SF and find out where my passport is. They said that others in our same boat, as it were, didn't get theirs in time, even with the congressman's office calling, and MISSED THEIR TRIPS.

So, it's worth a try, anyway. We'll see what happens.

Laurie, did the same thing two weeks ago or better, received calls also, lots of people in the same boat. Have not seen anything yet but have my fingers crossed. Ordered extra birth certificates, got them now with relief. We sent for passports last week of January, still not showing up in tracking. Best of Luck to you,

Kathie

Here's a page that can help you find your elected officials. Put in your address to get a complete list. Click on the names for detail info that includes phone #s. http://www.cadem.org/c.jrLZK2PyHmF/b.1097471/k.6364/Elected_Officials_Lookup/siteapps/advocacy/search.aspx

It's the site for the CA Democratic Party, but it searches a general database that includes all states.

I got married so mine HAS to be changed to match my DL so I have no choice and must do it ASAP. When I called in january about the requirements they told me that it wouldn't take longer then 6 weeks but I see that things have changed since then.

I got married so mine HAS to be changed to match my DL so I have no choice and must do it ASAP. When I called in january about the requirements they told me that it wouldn't take longer then 6 weeks but I see that things have changed since then.

Wife and I sent for our passport renewals via US Postal Service on January 25th of this year. I recieved mine Monday, March 26th wife recieved her's on March 23rd. I feel so much better now. To all send for or renew early.

Smiles:o :)

We had to get our sons new passports and I went in to apply on January 30th. I was told it helps if you put your travel date which I did. When I checked the website last week in a panic because we still hadn't gotten them it said they'd be delivered on 3/27. They arrived on 3/26! So there's hope for the rest of you! Hang in there :)

A friend of mine also had to get passports for her kids. She applied 2/12 and was told not to worry - that there'd be plenty of time. They still haven't received them and they seem to be lost in the system but the hopeful part is that she was told (by the Federal Court house in our city) that they could be expedited without the fee (they'll waive it) because they applied in time plus she was told not to expedite in the first place.

molaurie--what did you write in your email?

Like almost everybody else we applied Feb. 28. They told us eight weeks, it's been four and we're not even in the system. I did order BC's but have two children and if we need to come home we want to ASAP. I think I'll email them (congressman) in about a week if we don't show up in the system. TIA

molaurie--what did you write in your email?

Like almost everybody else we applied Feb. 28. They told us eight weeks, it's been four and we're not even in the system. I did order BC's but have two children and if we need to come home we want to ASAP. I think I'll email them (congressman) in about a week if we don't show up in the system. TIA

I applied on the 27th, mine just showed up in the system yesterday. It did not give me an eta though, it just says I should get it in about 10 weeks from the apply date.

I applied on the 27th, mine just showed up in the system yesterday. It did not give me an eta though, it just says I should get it in about 10 weeks from the apply date.

We applied Feb. 22nd and they still are not showing up in the system, although i called a couple of weeks ago and they DO have the applications at least! Our overseas trip doesn't leave until June 8th so i'm not worried-YET!:eek:

:eek: So Fed Ex delivered to the wrong address...Yesterday I walked over to the house where my passport was delivered. The resident was just pulling in the driveway. I introduced myself, and told her that Fed Ex has mistakenly delivered my package to her address, had she seen it? She asked if it was a passport...SHE HAD OPENED MY PACKAGE!!! :mad:

At least the information was still there and she turned it over to me, so I have my daughters passport now, but I am sure leery of my neighbor.

She never tried to walk it across the street, she opened it AND she wrote on the front - in red- "delivered to wrong address" - what was she going to do with it??? - esp after she opened it :confused:

Okay, I'm really desperate. I took someone's advice and e-mailed my congressman yesterday. Got a response back today and they will try to speed it up. They said that the past few weeks, however, they aren't even getting prompt responses, due to the overload and backlog. But I do feel that maybe there is now hope...I just might get on that transatlantic afterall...it will be a miracle!

Well, good luck. Congressman can be good use afterall. lol We pay them so... I know mine helped me several times with other issues I've had.

Best wishes to all. The gov't should have been prepared for the overload I feel and never mind it's a lot of $$ to get a passport.

:eek: So Fed Ex delivered to the wrong address...Yesterday I walked over to the house where my passport was delivered. The resident was just pulling in the driveway. I introduced myself, and told her that Fed Ex has mistakenly delivered my package to her address, had she seen it? She asked if it was a passport...SHE HAD OPENED MY PACKAGE!!! :mad:

At least the information was still there and she turned it over to me, so I have my daughters passport now, but I am sure leery of my neighbor.

She never tried to walk it across the street, she opened it AND she wrote on the front - in red- "delivered to wrong address" - what was she going to do with it??? - esp after she opened it :confused:

I'm REALLY glad you got it. But, should that ever happen in the future, please just call FedEx and have them handle it. I worked at amazon.com and UPS would mess up ALL the time like that. People always wanted to go looking for their packages after the UPS 800 number would tell them what address it went to. We ALWAYS told them not to. You just don't know who you're going to meet at the door! It could be a dangerous situation!

In fact, it's possible she didn't walk it over to you because of that, she might not have known who you are, what you're like, etc. She very likely had called, or was about to call, FedEx, to have them deal with the situation, as they SHOULD. Be absolutely sure that FedEx knows what happened, so they can move that info up the line. If it hadn't been for my printing out bizarro UPS tracking info for over a year, they would never have had a meeting with my higher-ups, where they denied their issues and my lead plunked down my STACK of print-outs, and they finally CHANGED how they tracked packages (and the "lines" they gave customers having problems)...delivery companies HAVE TO KNOW about problems!

But I'm glad you got it, and I'm glad your neighbor wasn't a secret axe-murderer or something...:rolleyes:

What's that number - It my congressman too - and since Fed Ex delivered my baby's passport to the wrong address and now I have no Idea where it is, MAYBE our Congressman can help

Thanks

Mar-it's George Miller(I live in Martinez, 7th District) and the Field Representative/Case Manager is Terry Kelley-Farias at (925)602-1880. I e-mailed George Miller, then this person e-mailed me back with a form to sign and fax back to him. He also called, and then another woman called, and said about the same thing he did. At least they are going to try to help, but I haven't heard anything today. I e-mailed him again this morning-no response yet.

Hope this helps!

Laurie

Holy Crap!!!

I applied for my passport 3/19, paid to have it expedited. It arrived today!!!!

11 days later! Figure 2 days for mailing, that's a 9 day turn around! I was expecting to wait at least 4 weeks.

Good job govt. peeps!!!!!!!!

I applied Feb 10 for my 2 kids. When I checked their status one of them shows up but the other one doesn't! Has this ever happened to anyone else? AND to top it off, the one that doesn't show up is my daughter who we adopted from Russia. We had to send in her b.c., adoption decree, etc. I'm stressed out thinking that they have lost those important documents. I try to call them but never get an answer. HELP!!

Archived